Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center
816 Hotel(Kansas City)
  • Breakfast included
The Fontaine(Kansas City)
View Hotel
All reviewsmed centerfive guys burgerstaco bellfront deskfirst floorweird smellroom keydirectly across the streetrecommend this hotelwalking distancecrown centerhotel is in a great locationbreakfast stafffree breakfastfollowing morningclose to downtownstayed two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year, once in August for a Bachelorette party and again in September for the wedding. Both times, I had a good experience! For the Bachelorette Party, we were in walking distance of The Jazz, where we ate dinner, and an amazing dive bar, DB Coopers!! Check that place out!!! It was phenomenal and the owner (DB Cooper's wife :) ) took great care of us girls. Back to the hotel..... The rooms are inviting, well appointed, and quiet! Breakfast was good, front desk staff was courteous. The only downside was that with the construction there was not enough parking. The second stay, we actually got a call at 2 in the morning that Taco Bell was threatening to tow our car, but there was nowhere else to park! The night auditor was incredibly apologetic about the ordeal, which wasn't his fault of course, so I appreciated that. But, it would have been nice if arrangements had been made with Taco Bell to allow guests to use their lot if Holiday Inn's was full. Who knows, maybe you all asked and they are unwilling to help! But, that is the only negative!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express by Ku Medical Center while my daughter was in the hospital for a procedure. This is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed at. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. They even gave me a good deal for visiting the hospital. I will be back in a few weeks and hope I have the same experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mitch B
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have stayed here several times and never have had a bad experience! The rooms are clean and welcoming. Beds are comfortable and soft covers! The bathrooms are pretty neat, too! The modern look really makes this an excellent place to stay. They even have a five guys burgers in the building!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I booked in here for two nights to be close to a relative at KU Med. This is a beautiful new facility - the room was amazing and spacious and the bed and pillows really comfortable. Very quiet too. My only complaint was the weird shower. Very high on the wall - so high I couldn't reach it to fiddle with the water flow, and I am tall - and the water sort dribbled out. Kind of like trying to shower under a garden hose.

Breakfast was good, I kick myself that I didn't test the pancake replicator gizmo the first morning because it was out of order the second.

Employees were friendly and helpful right across the board.

One thing - KC water is really funky. Bring bottled water or buy it in the lobby to drink and make morning coffee in your room. Trust me on this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TheRealMrsBennett
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property for three nights while in town for the Chiefs/Broncos game. Decent location near with a Five Guys and 7-Eleven on the main floor of the property. Just a couple miles away from I-35 and from Oklahoma Joe's (best BBQ you will ever have.... Try it).

However, that is where most of the positives stop. For a newer property, I was quite disappointed in my experience. Breakfast fair was very average with very little in terms of fruit. In the room itself, very thin walls where you could hear the person next door very clearly. Doors to the rooms as well were thin, and could hear conversations outside of our room as if the people were in it. Decor was basic, but well kept. Plumbing was noisy, and noticed water coming out of the light fixture in the bathtub from the unit above. Elevators were also slow.

Price was right for the time spent there, but I will more than likely stay closer to downtown next time. I've had pretty average to mediocre experiences with several Holiday Inn properties over the past few years, and I'm thinking I will stick to other brands from now on.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Michael B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear ktown_traveller04,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to make sure every guest that stays with us has a great experience and we take it very serious when we fall short of meeting those expectations. The Holiday Inn brand values your business immensely and we hope that you give one of our hotels another chance to show you that we provide the best value for your dollar.