“Not a bad place - above average, given the location”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
miles away
“Not a bad place - above average, given the location”
Reviewed 27 November 2007

My husband and I stayed here on Sat, Nov 10. It was a last minute booking, there was some sort of rodeo in town, not to mention Garth Brooks. We were surprised how clean and comfortable the room was. The location leaves very little to be desired. I work in downtown KCMO and KCK needs some cleaning up!
The front desk staff were helpful & friendly. My husband left early Sunday morning for the Chiefs game and I slept in, no problems with the maids trying to get it or the manager trying to run me out.
The bed was almost too comfortable - my back hurt the next morning. Oh yes, the floors do not offer much of a noise barrier. The guests directly above us were having a 3AM rodeo of their own! We heard everything!
Other than that, we have no complaints. Parking was easy and free. We didn't eat at the hotel, I'm not even sure there was a restaurant. We didn't need anything from the front desk. There was an iron & board, toiletries, microwave, mini-fridge, nice TV. NO complaints.

• Liked — spacious, clean rooms
  • Disliked — KCK is grubby, it's not the hotel's fault
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank welovepv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
KS
Reviewed 22 March 2007

My husband and I stayed for two nights and found our stay quiet, comfortable, and restful. Although we did not use much that the hotel offered we found what we were looking for in a clean room and very quiet stay. The staff were always friendly, the parking was good, and the cookies in the evening were awesome. Would highly recommend for a good, out of the way hotel.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — not within walking distance of interesting things
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2006

When traveling to Kansas City, friends and business associates have always told me to avoid staying on the Kansas side. Well, my advice is do not discount something until you've tried it. In July I stayed two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The property was excellent. Downtown Kansas City, Missouri is conveniently located a few minutes away by car. While the immediate area around the hotel is uninspiring, it is safe enough for an evening stroll or jog. The front desk staff is absolutely first rate and professional. Parking is onsite in a small parking garage behind the hotel and free. Breakfast at Hilton Garden's is not free; I thought the breakfast buffet is somewhat pricey for what is offered. The eating area offers a small bar open to 10:00 pm for those needing a nightcap. Defintely more quiet on the Kansas side than on the MO side. If your looking for a good nights sleep, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location; convenience to highways; away from the noise of downtown Kansas City, MO
  • Disliked — Views from hotel rooms are not that great
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Keystone_Traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 October 2005

We went to KC for the KC Ren Fest. Often after a day at faire, all one wants to do is sit at the bar or in the pool and relax. The "bar" was a couple of barstools at the end of the eating area, we ended up taking our drinks back up to our room. The bartender (and I use the term very loosely) didn't know how to make our fairly common drinks, and once explained, didn't have the ingredients to make them. (no tequilla????) We also had to wait while he served guests their dinners, and ran roomservice up to other guests, and this was a Saturday night. The pool was more like a kiddie pool, not the "olympic sized pool" advertised.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was nice enough, but if you're looking for somewhere to do more than sleep, I would look elsewhere

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2005

The staff at this hotel was incredible. Very friendly and accommodating. We had been driving all night and just needed to sleep for a few hours. They let us check in very early and allowed us a late check out as well. This hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever been in and I am a travel agent, I have seen plenty of hotels. The pool was a very small, but we didn't want to swim anyway.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank ricksltlsister
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 6 April 2005

stayed on business, clean and well furnished room, free internet, quiet, most of the action is across the river...

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#9 of 108 in Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!