“Standard Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 11 December 2008

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City Kansas since we caught a great rate for a weekend getaway.

While the hotel is isolated I think it’s a great option for someone wanting to save money but still stay in a nice hotel. You can quickly get on and off the interstate and get to downtown Kansas City or wherever you need to go. Similar hotels just a few minutes away were charging 2 to 3 times as much.

It was nice to have the parking garage as we were caught by surprise with a mid-April mix of ice and snow.

The included breakfast was standard Hilton Garden Inn. Okay for a quick start.

The rooms were also what you see from most recently constructed Hilton properties. Heating worked well. Bathrooms were large and bright. The beds were comfortable.

The WiFi was good and a speed test confirmed a speed between 2 and 3 MB/sec.

Anyone visiting the Kansas City area and wanting to save money should check this hotel out.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dweebe
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City

Reviewed 26 April 2008

My wife and I stayed there for a week in April 2008. The hotel was great. My wife is in a wheel chair so it was nice to find a disabled room with plenty of space to get around in.

The front desk staff were all very helpful and the office staff were great when the printer in the business center went on holiday!

The hotel restaurant is good and not overpriced but there is little else in walking distance - Downtown is only 10 mins away by car and there is plenty of parking.

We went to concert at the sprint center and there was plenty of parking at only $10.

Would absolutely recommend this to any one, especially any one handicapped

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keith_wright
Reviewed 14 April 2008

This was a decent hotel in a not so great area. Easy to get to, check in staff was wonderful (Deloris) and parking was simple.

Room was clean and bed was comfy. Pool was clean and warm, workout room was simple, but really warm.

We couldn't find anything to eat in the area. There was some authentic mexican, and a church turned into a casino type building, but we don't like risk. KCMO is only 10 mins away and we had a good time at the Power and Light District. They have beautiful outdoor seating and a huge dance floor in the middle of the block. I think they have entertainment Thurs - Sunday evenings.

We ate at the Gordon Biersch and it was fantastic. Good wine, Good service, and great food.

The hotel felt safe, but i wouldn't walk around in that area at night.

Internet isn't wireless in the rooms, but it is in the lobby and eating area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 16 February 2008

I have stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns and this one is good, but the problems with the hotel are this.

The area the hotel is located in is not good. There are not any restaurants in walking distance. If there are I did not see them nor would I want to walk there at night.

The restaurant needs to expand the bar. The bar consists of two small stools. It would be very difficult to eat at the bar. Unlike other Garden Inns which you could easily eat at.

The weight room is great with two treadmills and one low impact machine. The room was clean and the tv remote was missing in the room. The pool is indoors and small. You will not be able to do laps there.

The staff is great and the room was comfortable. The only knock on the room was the chair was too low.

I did have one maintenance issue and that was resolved very quick.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank mrmcc916
Reviewed 27 November 2007

My husband and I stayed here on Sat, Nov 10. It was a last minute booking, there was some sort of rodeo in town, not to mention Garth Brooks. We were surprised how clean and comfortable the room was. The location leaves very little to be desired. I work in downtown KCMO and KCK needs some cleaning up!
The front desk staff were helpful & friendly. My husband left early Sunday morning for the Chiefs game and I slept in, no problems with the maids trying to get it or the manager trying to run me out.
The bed was almost too comfortable - my back hurt the next morning. Oh yes, the floors do not offer much of a noise barrier. The guests directly above us were having a 3AM rodeo of their own! We heard everything!
Other than that, we have no complaints. Parking was easy and free. We didn't eat at the hotel, I'm not even sure there was a restaurant. We didn't need anything from the front desk. There was an iron & board, toiletries, microwave, mini-fridge, nice TV. NO complaints.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank welovepv
Reviewed 22 March 2007

My husband and I stayed for two nights and found our stay quiet, comfortable, and restful. Although we did not use much that the hotel offered we found what we were looking for in a clean room and very quiet stay. The staff were always friendly, the parking was good, and the cookies in the evening were awesome. Would highly recommend for a good, out of the way hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2006

When traveling to Kansas City, friends and business associates have always told me to avoid staying on the Kansas side. Well, my advice is do not discount something until you've tried it. In July I stayed two nights at the Hilton Garden Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The property was excellent. Downtown Kansas City, Missouri is conveniently located a few minutes away by car. While the immediate area around the hotel is uninspiring, it is safe enough for an evening stroll or jog. The front desk staff is absolutely first rate and professional. Parking is onsite in a small parking garage behind the hotel and free. Breakfast at Hilton Garden's is not free; I thought the breakfast buffet is somewhat pricey for what is offered. The eating area offers a small bar open to 10:00 pm for those needing a nightcap. Defintely more quiet on the Kansas side than on the MO side. If your looking for a good nights sleep, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hilton President Kansas City
Hilton President Kansas City
#12 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!