“F'n mattresses man...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
“F'n mattresses man...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

The mattresses fall somewhere between granite and diamond on the scale of rock hardness. I'm not sure the sheets are even cotton...some kind of horrible poly-blend. I think a stable in Bethlehem would be more comfortable, donkeys, weird men (though wise), and all. Do I smell frankincense? The arcade reeks like a fraternity post foam party. What I'm trying to say is, Joseph would not bring his wife here. BOOM! OUT!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank Unhappish

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Paid $420 for a "suite" with moldy caulking.. When we complained, we were told they were "too full" to do anything about it. Room service took forever and didn't even bring half of what we ordered, including no silverware.. Had to wait again for that. No appologies, staff was rude. Room wasn't ready by 4 pm check in because they were "too full" but we still had to pay full price. Lines were long- NOT worth the money.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will share your feedback about the state of your bathtub with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure that this is resolved for future guests.

I also apologize for the rude staff you encountered, this is unacceptable to us at Great Wolf Lodge and I will share with our Director of Guest Services.

Once again, I am sorry your experience did not exceed your expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Kind Regards,
Lincoln, NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was our first trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We have a 3 year old boy and a 6year old girl. There was plenty to keep the 3 year old entertained and my 6 year old had a blast! don't get suckered into some of the extras, like games, build a bear, craft junk, or wizard quest...in my opinion not worth the money. However the water park is!! They don't let people who are not guests in to the waterpark so even at its busiest, it was never too busy. we never waited more than a few minutes for a slide or a tube for the lazy river. Look for their carry-out pizza deal-it was by far the most cost effective way to feed everyone without leaving.(lg pizza, breadsticks, salad, and pop for under $30)

Arrive as early as you can so you can get to the pool and start having a good time! (there are lockers available if your room is not ready to check into yet.....)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank drpete65
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was our 4th and LAST stay at GWL.

First, this hotel has a no cancellation policy within 72 hours. Our daughter was in the ER a couple days before we were scheduled to go, and we couldn't take her swimming for 10 days following her visit. GWL rescheduled us for two weeks later, for an additional $100, and said that they would not reschedule under any circumstances and we'd lose the full price of the room (which must be paid in advance) if we didn't show. Two weeks later, and we have two kids w/the stomach flu. So, we had no choice but to take them this past Sunday and hope for the best. KEEP IN MIND, this dilemma probably occurs for lots of parents; at least it also happened to my coworker (she took sick kids). What does that mean? Kids GET SICK IN THE ROOM! (as did our kids). We cleaned it up ourselves, but well, consider how germy these rooms must be.

Second, the accommodations are awful. Lumpiest mattresses EVER (and we've stayed in 4 different rooms), our A/C leaked prodigious amounts of water, and the elevator closest to our room was broken for a whole day.

Third, the food in the restaurant is high priced and awful. We've always taken our food or eaten at the nearby Legends mall.

Fourth, if you're wondering why we went back 3 times.... well, our kids love the waterpark and it is less than 2 hours from our home, so it worked for a quick getaway. The waterpark is fun, though kinda small to warrant frequent visits. Doesn't matter to us, though, because we will not return.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
White Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed for three nights as a girls trip with my Mother, sister-in-law and two nieces. The air conditioner in our family suite did not work. It was finally replaced our second night and the new one did not work either. After finally insisting on speaking to a manager, we were moved to a loft suite where the air worked but the room was never cleaned and no clean towels delivered. We actually had to find housekeeping carts in the halls and take towels off since our numerous requests at the front desk and phone calls did not produce any....tip - take a lot and hide them in the dresser! The restaurant prices were outrageous, especially the breakfast buffet. Kids were running all over the place waving "magic wands" around and forget about being able to get on one of the two elevators. My nieces did enjoy the waterpark but would have been just as happy at a cheaper, nicer hotel with a pool and a trip to Schliterbahn!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. There is no excuse for your issues with the towels and I will share these comments with our Director of Housekeeping so this can be avoided in the future.

Once again I apologize and thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. I value all feedback, good or bad, and use it to help us create a better experience for our guests. I hope that you will visit us again.

Kind Regards,
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Air Conditioning was so old and noisey you couldn't hear the TV which was an ancient set. The kids beds were hard as a rock. Water park is a bump in the road compared to Schlitterbahn. Not a $300 a day experience. Advice go to Schlitterbahn, stay in a $100 a night hotel and have a great and more economical experience.

Room Tip: Go next Door
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I apologize that you did not find your Great Wolf Lodge experience to be as enjoyable as expected. We value all feedback, good or bad, and use it to better our Lodge for all guests.

We strive to provide an experience that puts all of the conveniences and fun of vacation under one roof. That is why waterpark passes are included with your stay and why we offer a variety of other amenities. Again, if you did not find these to exceed your expectations, I apologize.

I hope you will join us again in the future.

Best Wishes,
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Pretty much nothing in the hotel seemed to be running as it should. The check-in was slow, the pool kept running out of towels, and it took about 15 minutes to simply rent a locker. The level of chlorine was very high and my entire family developed a bit of lung tickle/cough. But the biggest issue was the noise at night. It sounded like they were jumping on the bed above us. I called the desk and didn't even receive an apology. When I went down to the front desk to complain, they really couldn't care less. After the trip we complained via survey and indicated we would like a response from management, but never heard anything. They clearly did not value us as guests.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2parents_with_2kids
I apologize that Great Wolf Lodge did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that these issues are not typical of a visit to our lodge and I would like to personally apologize.

The issues you experienced with check-in, lack of towels and time to rent a locker can sometimes happen when the Lodge is full. We constantly work to alleviate these issues and ensure that they don’t happen in the future.

As for the noise during the night, I am sorry you felt your complaints were not valued. I will share this feedback with our Director of Guest Services so that we can remedy this issue.

Again, I am sorry and I hope that your family will join us again in the future to experience a true Great Wolf Lodge stay.