I think for a place like the Great Wolf Lodge, your response to it will depend a lot on why you're there and who you are with. I was with my wife, parents, and two children (ages 8 and 10), We shared a loft room on the top floor. It had two queen beds, a pull-out couch, a loft with an extra bathroom (no shower) and another bed, a small balcony, and a microwave and fridge.
There are a lot of negative reviews on this site, but here's what I thought about those areas of concern:
1. I found the overall cleanliness and upkeep excellent. The room could have been one step bigger, and a few extra chairs would be nice (both on the balcony and inside). But it was perfectly clean. Even the common areas looked good, especially considering the beating they take from wet kids all day long. It's obviously not brand new, and it's meant to look woody and old-fashioned, but I was very pleased with this aspect of the hotel.
2. Noise wasn't a problem at all. My wife will wake up at ANYTHING in a hotel. Kids were rowdy until 10 p.m. or so, but not in the hallways by our room. The rowdiness seemed to be contained to the MagicQuest exhibits. We stayed two nights and never had a problem with noise.
3. The water park isn't gigantic but my children loved it, especially the 8-year-old. She would have spent another week there. I can imagine older kids getting bored. None of the slides was really scary, even for her, so she felt like she had a lot to do. The crowds never felt overwhelming (and this was in the middle of the summer). A wave pool would be nice but that's a big addition and the outside pool was itself pretty nice.
4. Food was expensive but probably cheaper than most of the restaurants in the nearby Legends Shopping Center. They had no problem at all with people bringing back McDonald's and setting up in the main room. We only had snack baskets (like chicken strips and fries) and coffee from the snack shop, so I can't really judge the quality.
One final comments: Lifeguards and employees were EXCELLENT. They were friendly and always present. I felt my children were safe the entire time. At one point, the cleaning crew picked up a stack of towels that had my shirt in it (a soccer jersey that cost me $100). I mentioned it to a employee and she INSTANTLY started tracking down the laundry bin. I had my shirt back in ten minutes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Kansas City
- Great Wolf Kansas City
- Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City