Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
American Inn(Kansas City)
2,647 results
All reviewswater parklife guardsmagic questbunk bedsolder kidsmagiquest gameindoor waterparkcamp critterfamily suitefun placekids lovefamily vacationsweet shopgreat family fundance partylifeguardsgwl
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here with 2 of our friends for a 30th birthday weekend in Kansas City. We did not have any children with us and we still had a great time. While it is geared towards children, we were on the 4th floor and it was amazingly quiet. The rooms are sound-proofed well. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was plenty of space for 4 adults. We did go to the indoor water park for about an hour or two. There are about 3 water slides that adults would enjoy. The hot tub area for adults is a genius idea. We loved the spa (and prices for services were reasonable). I would recommend this hotel for adults if you don't want to pay to stay downtown. The hotel is about 2 minutes from several restaurants and an outlet mall.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floors. The waterpark is on the bottom level
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you read the review by Sara Holman, that's what I'd give exactly. We probably stayed there at the same time...thank you Groupon! I will echo her thoughts here. We didn't get the $65 pass...which looking back would've been smart. The slides were fun even for adults. The kids did them all day without complaint. Our room was a bit dated and the cleaning service was sub par. We were gone nearly all day and by 3:30 they hadn't cleaned it. Poor vacuuming and some clutter were left. Also didn't make our sofa bed either. Food is expensive there as you'd expect. We ate there once as well and used the entire $50 credit as well. Food was OK, but holy cow the people working the food place out with the water park were downright poor. I am really sorry to say that, but it's true. Slow doesn't even begin to describe it but that's fine. The burgers were pretty good, but they left off the "special sauce". Certainly wasn't getting back in line to get any. Some of the lifeguards were more personable than others, but agree with Sara that they have to watch a bunch of kids so they were focused. We will certainly do this again. Hope they get some updating done before we go again.

Room Tip: 4th floor room was excellent
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights at GWL Kansas City. We've stayed at this lodge on multiple occasions and our visits have always been great. Our party included 2 adults and 2 boys (12 and 10). Everyone had a great time. The staff was professional and very friendly. The property was in good condition. Would definitely return to this property.

1  Thank OK_FB_FANS
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I will try to be as thorough as possible here, but we had a blast! Yes, the property is in need of some updates but our room and most amenities were in good shape (also, when compared to the higher prices of the Grapevine location, the slight wear was easy to turn a blind eye to!) ...I honestly went into this trip expecting the worst and hoping for the best based on previous reviews, and was very pleasantly surprised by the condition of the hotel!

Magiquest could use some updating to some sensors and broken items, etc, but that is to be expected when it is played heavily by children who are unsupervised. The red dragon area of the game in particular needs quite a bit of improvement, the touch screen was hard to use and the sensor for the wand was hard for shorter kids to hit.. plan on helping your kids slay the dragon. The bottom of the lazy river could also use some resurfacing, we all left with some impressive scrapes, but that is pretty common of most waterparks.

We stayed in the Family Suite and the beds were very comfy! We also loved having a microwave and fridge right in the room to help save on food costs, plan to bring your own cooler with breakfast/lunch/snacks/drinks! The only meals we ate out of the room were 2 nights for dinner, 1 of which we paid for entirely with the $50 resort credit that our Groupon came with. For that, we ate at Camp Critter, which is comparable to places like Applebees. It was good, but not great.. no complaints though since it was free and the kiddos loved their pizza!

The housekeeping left a lot to be desired. Our bathroom floor wasn't the cleanest and my friend went to grab something from on top of the microwave and HUGE clumps of dust fell everywhere.. gross. The maid also did not remake the sofa bed, which surprised us, and left that area of our room pretty much untouched when she cleaned. Huge bins of garbage from multiple rooms were also left in the hallways until evening time, which I saw mentioned in an earlier review by another guest.

ABSOLUTELY GET THE PAW PASS! For $65 they got SO much! It paid for magiquest and their wands, a build a bear, candy, ice cream, glitter tattoos, goggles, big souvenir cups with unlimited soda/icee refills, and a round of mini golf (which was rained out halfway through and never finished, but we did receive rainchecks for a future visit) ...having these was a huge money saver, and kept them from having the "I want, I want, I NEED" mentality that most children have in gift shops.

The waterpark was smaller than anticipated, but for our first trip I felt it was very sufficient. The kids with us were 9, 10 and almost 11 and due to the size of the park we felt comfortable letting them have some independence to explore on their own. They rode every ride and never got tired of the Triple Twist, while my friend and I were VERY excited about the adults only hot tubs. The one thing I really have to give credit on is the lifeguards.. my friend I traveled with felt that they were not personable enough, but I was highly impressed with them and saw this as them being focused on doing their job. They are VERY vigilant and constantly moving/scanning the water, and it really helped me feel relaxed and that my nephews and their friend were safe.

A few last comments/suggestions: if "hibernation" ends at 7am, there should be an area for kids to go to before the park opens at 9am.. Magiquest is opened until curfew at 11, so it would be GREAT if it was turned back on before 9 for the early wakers. Have more workers in the gift shop, and the line for check in took nearly an hour to get through (but they did give us wristbands to get started while waiting, offered free fudge, and had characters out to entertain the kids- bonus!)

All in all, we were highly pleased, the kids are still on cloud 9 (and already planning next year's trip!) and we would do it again!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor! We were near door 1 so we had to walk further to the park, but it was SO much quieter!
4  Thank Sara_Holman
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My family took a mini vacation to the great wolf lodge and we had a fun time! The room was okay, but the water park was amazing! Though lines got pretty long for the water slides (once we waited for thirty minutes), it was worth the waits! I would recomend this to anyone looking for a quick get away.

• Stayed: September 2013