Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City
US$159
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$151
US$141
Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
ComfortSuites
US$119
US$110
Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$170
US$175
Residence Inn
2,647 results
All reviewswater parklife guardsmagic questbunk bedsolder kidsmagiquest gameindoor waterparkcamp critterfamily suitefun placekids lovefamily vacationsweet shopgreat family fundance partylifeguardsgwl
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband, myself and our 2 children stayed here this past weekend. Our children are ages 3.5 and 6. They have never had so much fun. They enjoyed everything about the water park and outdoor pool. The lifeguards were on point the whole time. I could tell that safety was a their priority. The only downside was the tears they cried when we had to leave. We are already planning another trip in October. I will say for the price $$$ you are only paying for the water park itself because the rooms are very dated.

Room Tip: Plan on staying one night to save $. You can use the park the day of arrival and departure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a great place to bring our grandkids for 1 night and all day. The room was wonderful...
but we didn't spend much time there. The waterpark was good...but lines for the slides were really long at times....had to keep watching for short lines and then rush to get there...but the slides were a lot of fun. I wouldn't spend the money for the Magi-quest again....our grandkids
got bored after about a half hour...a lot of running up and down the stairs and elevator looking for the different objects....they decided the waterpark was more fun. And I would also suggest leaving the motel for meals....we ate at the restaurant for supper and it was very expensive
and not that great. We ate at I-Hop the next morning for breakfast and it was good...plus we did
get a discount because of the water park bands we were wearing.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor (waterpark and arcade floor) and didn't get to sleep until after midnight because of the noise...pounding or thumping noises....it was terrible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our two kids who are 3yrs and 1yr old on a whim. We were extremely happy that there was still room availability and the clerks even gave us a choice of what floor we wanted. We stayed on the first floor where the waterpark entrance. It was actually very quiet most of the day and we never heard anyone after 9pm even though all the rooms around us were full. They had a blast and we really enjoyed ourselves as well. I was nervous that they would be too little but to our surprise they were able to do quite a lot. We spent time in the arcade, the outdoor pool and of course the indoor waterpark. Even though the hotel parking lot was packed, it never felt overly crowded anywhere. We had the wolf den room which was perfect for us. The only thing that I didn't like about the room was that the light in the bathroom was very dim and the shower area does show it's age. The food was average hotel food, nothing special. The lifeguards were extremely attentive and I always felt like my kids were safe. They provided life jackets for infants and young children which was nice. You can buy a souvenir cup that gives you free refills and it was definitely worth it. The one thing that I couldn't figure out is why there is a golf course but every time we tried to go it was closed. I really wanted to go because it's been such a long time since we've been able to. It was a little disappointing. All in all, we had a great trip and we are looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Cold!!! They advertise that the water park is kept at a balmy 84 degrees. They lie! The outside temp during our stay was unseasonably cool. It was in the middle 70's. The staff in the water park area kept leaving the doors, 4 of them, open. This made for a 75 degree wind tunnel through the water park. We and many other guests requested that the doors be closed to no avail. We pointed out that the life guards by the outdoor pool were wearing jackets as a good sign that the doors should be closed. Two staff members suggested that I use the hot tub area. I didn't come to the lodge to sit in a hot tub. My husband who is always hot was complaining of being cold. My two sons chose not to go into the water park on two of the afternoons while we were there. Big waste of money. Wouldn't recommend this park to anyone. The cleaning staff was also inadequate. Rooms weren't clean.

Stayed: July 2014
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Laura,

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Kansas City and providing us with your feedback! It is our standard to keep the waterpark at 84 degrees year round to provide a comfortable atmosphere for our guests to play in and have fun. Periodically, air will be cycled in to ensure consistent air quality. At times, this can lead to temperature fluctuations which are then remedied in real-time so as not to disturb our guests.

We hope your family will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had my daughter's 8 year old birthday party here and it was a blast for young and old. I knocked off one star only because of the price of the hotel. I would gladly have paid 200-250 for the room so I will wait for a Groupon next time since they tend to be in that price range. But overall, I would definitely take our family again. The waterpark was super clean and because of the guests only policy, there wasn't an abundant amount of traffic at all so everyone was able to go up and down those slides over and over and over again with little wait time. Since the hotel allows you to buy one additional pass per room guest, we took advantage of that so that family members could also join in on the fun. The staff was extremely helpful to us throughout the day as we interrupted them numerous times as family came in (plus we also ordered pizza) and the nighttime DJ party and games they hosted in the lobby capped off a perfect day for our sleepover guests who attended in their PJs and danced the night away. Lastly, the room...we stayed in the Kids Cabin Suite - it was the perfect size big :). Fireplace, cabin that fit all 4 girls pretty comfortable although 2 slept in the same bed, a King bed for us, a small table with chairs, a sofabed and coffee table... I was super impressed with this layout and was able to decorate without feeling I was taking up too much space. By the way, my daughter has just walked up and is over my shoulder right now telling me to title this visit "Best Time Ever" and rate as a 5 star. That's priceless...almost. Where is that Groupon?

Room Tip: I read the tips before going so asked for and received a room on the lobby floor but away from the main entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family