“Very good KC Bar-B-Que”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Go in off hours (not regular meal hours) or you may have to stand in line outside. We went mid afternoon and had short line/wait to order, food was fast and tables were well cleaned between customers.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My recent stay in Kansas City also included two BBQ restaurants. Both of these included wait's of about 45 minutes, so these restaurants must be cooking something that people love. We Ubered to the original Joe's from our hotel, which was very efficient. The line stretched out the door, so we had a wait, but expected it too. The service was friendly and efficient and the food excellent. I had the Cowboy plate which consisted of brisket, ribs, and sausage and each was yes delicious! This compared to my favorite BBQ place in San Antonio, Also, the fries had a unique flavor which was a great complement. A good selection of beer served very cold. The beans were tasty, and the potato salad was good - but it does seem to have horseradish in it. The patrons moved through the restaurant, so when it was time to have a seat, we did. I would return to Joe's again, but perhaps find a time that it was less busy. The line stretched out the door until about 9 pm which is when we left. The food was worth the wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From out of town, had to wait about an hour to get seated. If the line is out the door at all, plan on an hour wait. I don't think it was worth that wait, but it was good bbq. You order cafeteria style and eat off styrofoam. I thought the prices very reasonable, and some of the best bbq sides I've ever had. The brisket was my favorite, good burnt ends, pass a pulled pork, and good (not great) ribs. All in all, good bbq, possibly not up to the hype though. If I ordered it again, I would get it to go and take it to the motel. That would be a lot quicker.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

High price (not for what you get) but so delicious and large portions! The ribs are to die for and the sides are tasty as well specially the potato salad or was like Grandma's. We had pulled pork, brisket and turkey that were mouth-watering as well. The bread served is really good, like a toasted Texas toast-unlike plain bread served at other BBQ restaurants
My entire family voted Kansas City Joe"s Best BBQ in the City!!! FIVE STAR all the way!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Comes frozen, then you finish cooking or reheat.

Joe's sauce doesn't taste special from the bottle, but it is the perfect match for their meats. We tried Pappy's Jane's sauce, which all think is the best sauce made, but the Joe's was better on the Joe's BBQ.

Sausage - All sausage I've ever had has been OK, guess I wasn't a susage guy. Until eating Joe's. My business group of six all agreed the best we've ever had. I've just ordered $120 more.

Brisket - Very good, not the best, but in the top 10.

Pulled pork - The real thing, best we've ever had. A pork shoulder you heat for 1-3/4 hours (I do 2 hours for more exterior charring), then pull apart yourself.

Ribs - Very good, but we still think Pappy's are the best.

Burnt Ends - Amazingly tender, but we expected more smokiness. The disappointment dish.