“Great hotel and staff”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Vandalia, Illinois
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice rooms with a good lay out. Beds were comfortable and relaxing. Staff was really nice and helpful, we were meeting some friends there and the staff was able to put us in a room right next to each other. The Breakfast was good and the coffee was great! The pool was a little to cold, wasn't very heated at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for dropping us a line on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your business and your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and your friends. Thanks for the tip about the pool, we will follow up with our maintenance about the water temperature. We hope to see you again when you are in the area! Thanks again.
Brian, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Basehor, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for a Spring Break overnight. The staff was very helpful and all of the kids enjoyed themselves. We enjoyed all of the breakfast options. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth W
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Beth W,
Thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it! We are beyond thrilled that your children and yourself enjoyed your time with us and hope that you choose to stay with us whenever you travel to Kansas City, Kansas.
Loveland, Colorado, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My feelings for this hotel are mixed even a couple weeks after my stay. Most of the hotel was nice and the room was very comfortable. Breakfast was fair but nothing special. The weight room does not have any free weights but at least the equipment worked and was clean. Unfortunately there was a horrible smell in the elevator that lasted for my entire 3 day stay. It smelled like a can for lemon furniture polish exploded. I had to hold my breath not to gag. I don't feel that my stay was worth the money but all the hotels in Kansas City seemed too high so that doesn't help me. Great staff but I don't think there will be a next time for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Derek S
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Derek S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to our TripAdvisor page about your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. We would like to apologize for the lemon smell in the elevator, and also for not having dumbbells in our fitness room. We would hope that you could give us a second chance to ensure you enjoy your WHOLE stay. We could offer you a more affordable room also, since you were not happy about that part either. Please email us deskmanager115@gmail.com, we would love to hear from you.
Newton, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed May 25th no place in the area had any rooms. We were able to find a queen suite and this hotel the only room they had left. Hotel was very busy--but all the employees had a smile. Hotel was great - room was great - breakfast was great nothing special but what you would expect. It is located about 4 minutes to shopping, racetrack, casino, everything Village West has to offer. Will stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
luvtotravel05,
Thank you for staying with us and also thank you for such a great review! Keep us in mind this summer, we will be offering discount Schlitterbahn tickets!
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised of how clean, spacious and fresh the room was. It had been a few years that I had stayed at a Comfort Suites and before it did not leave a lasting impression on me but this time it did. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. They gave me good suggestions on local restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dennis L,
Our whole hotel staff is happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us while on a business trip to Kansas City. Thanks for the review and we hope that the next time your company needs meeting room space that you will come back to see us! Thanks.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I really, really enjoyed this hotel. From the time we checked in, until the time checked we out nothing but excellent service. Friendly staff (especially Duayne) he provided me and my family with valuable information on how to get back and forth from all of the places we had on our long list. Great locations close to shopping malls but not to close so you don't have to deal with all of the traffic. Also, It's not often I fall in love with hotel beds, but if it wasn't a crimes I would have taken my room bed home with me, it just that comfortable. Comfort kept up their end of the bargin. Now, with that said. I did have some problems with my A/C unit shutting every off every five minutes other than that I would recommend staying at Comfort Suite to anyone.

Room Tip: Just make sure you check you A/C unit as soon as possble.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
BigJosh1,
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We thank you for taking the time to do so and hope that you choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you through Kansas City, KS!
Omaha Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed a Friday and Saturday, the hotel was clean and modern. The front desk staff were always friendly and asked us if there was anything we needed every time we passed,the desk. Very close to Nebraska Furniture Mart and Legends shopping. Very good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Beamblackman,
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. Our whole hotel staff is thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you travel through our part of Kansas City!