“Spacious Updated Rooms”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Spacious Updated Rooms”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here one night on business. I probably would not have reserved this room, but it is where I was instructed to stay and I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were quite spacious, comfortable, and clean. I had a Queen room which had a 2-burner stove, refrigerator, microwave, desk w/ 2 chairs, flatscreen TV, recliner, queen-sized bed, and large 4-piece bathroom. Kitchen area had laminate flooring, carpeting in the sleeping area, and tile in the bathroom (or vinyl - can't remember). Air conditioning was excellent - easy to manipulate temperature. Wi-fi was fast and free. The only downside was the pillows - a bit hard. I normally bring my own and I forgot this time. But, I still slept well but had to get up rather early for business. Bed, itself, was very comfortable and linens were nice. Towels were nice as well.

Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. There was the option to borrow DVDs from the front desk (which I did not do - had to work and get some sleep). No breakfast but there was coffee. Lobby area is rather small and I found it odd that the front door was automatic (to help you get in and out with your luggage) but there was another inner door that was not automatic - kind of defeated the purpose of the front door. Just an observation - I didn't have much luggage, so it wasn't an issue.

All-in-all, a very nice hotel. I'm sure if you have an extended stay, this would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank burnsomaha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Valley Center, Kansas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had 2 rooms and spent 3 nights here while attending the NASCAR races. The location is perfect....close to great shopping, restaurants, etc. The room was extremely comfortable and quite large. The hotel is also pet-friendly and this was the first hotel stay for our small dog. Amanda, Jessica and Kelly were extremely helpful to my family (and our pet) during our stay! The care and service they provided was above and beyond what was expected. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before and it is always nice. My favorite hotels (that aren't beachfront) have kitchens in the rooms. Of course, that would make this one a favorite.

The staff members are very nice and helpful. The last time I stayed there, I was upgraded, but not on this visit. I can't complain though because they did honor my request to be on the top floor.

The room was nice. The queen bed was pretty comfortable. The air conditioning worked as it should. The flat screen TV was a nice touch. As a few others have mentioned, the kitchen is nice, but it doesn't have an oven. It sure would be nice if it did, but I don't recall staying at a hotel that has had an oven. Perhaps it is an insurance liability. Other than that, the only thing I would add to the kitchen is a sponge for scrubbing dirty dishes.

The bathroom was pretty standard. One peculiar thing was the constantly changing water temperature in the shower. That's not a very common problem in hotels. Still, it was not that much of a temperature variation. It didn't get really cold or scolding hot. Just enough to make you have to turn the knob.

The fitness room was pretty standard. A couple of treadmills, an elliptical and a bike (I think). There was also a cable machine. Some dumbbells and a bench would've been a nice touch. The fitness room shares some space with the laundry room, which is complimentary.

The last time I stayed at this hotel, I grilled out. The weather didn't allow for it this time. Hopefully your mileage will vary. There are tons of restaurants and things to do nearby. I bought groceries at the Walmart, next door. You could literally walk to it.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to others. The price was just right for my company.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We recently spent 10 days at Candlewood Suites. Overall we were pleased. The kitchenette was sufficient for our needs, so we didn't have to eat out constantly, but it would be nice if they had ovens in the rooms.
The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were inconsistent. We had 6 different pillows in our room, and no two were the same, some hard, others soft. The room was mostly quiet, but you could hear others, especially over the weekend.
Due to the trend in hotels of connecting motion detectors to the HVAC unit in order to save money, the temperature was all over the place. When you first enter the room, it blasts heat in order to warm the room, then it blasts cool in order to regulate the air.
The gym was small, but there was sufficient equipment and I never had to wait for a workout. The laundry room had free washers and dryers and they were clean.
The staff was friendly and helpful and the store was well stocked.
Location is great, as it is in walking distance to many restaurants and entertainment venues.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HotelManagerKCKS, Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for the suggestions and comments. We want to make each persons stay the best it can be and with your help we will work on being better.
I will pass on your nice comments about our staff as the team does take pride in being friendly and accommodating.
Come see us again and all the best!
San Diego, California, Usa
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I tried to book a hotel online and was unable, so I called a reservation service. They helped me find Candlewood Suites. I'm so glad they did! Candlewood Suites made the check-in/out process easy. The quality of the room was surprising amazing! And they allowed pets!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review, come back and visit again soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for activities at Kansas speedway. The hotel is defiantly am extended stay hotel. No frills. The bed squeaked every time someone moved in it. Over all clean and friendly. Way over priced but that was expected due to the nascar weekend.

Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Broadster1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am delighted to hear that our property exceeded your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience the bed may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbia, MO
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend to attend the NASCAR race nearby. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. It was great to have a full refrigerator and stove to be able to cook to cut down on food expenses. With WalMart basically in the same parking lot didn't even have to bring things to fix. Staff were all very nice and went out of their way to make the stay great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo