“Couldnt be better”

Jazz A Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 276 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Live music Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

food was amazing, service was prompt and friendly. great location. I can not think of one thing our party did not like. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Jazz is a great Louisiana Restaurant. They have all the dishes just like you are in Louisiana. The food was delicious and the pricing is spot on. Only complaint I have is we asked for a spoon sample of Jambalaya to see if we would like before ordering and the waitress said we couldn't do that. I would think if you are a specialty kitchen that most people aren't familiar with the style of food you are serving you could do a small sample within reason to help customer make a decision on what they want to order rather than having them order something they not familiar with and not liking it then they tell everyone they didn't care for the food. I totally recommend Jazz.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch on 7/5 before my flight back home. We came in the back entrance and walked through an empty restaurant to the front to be seated. The hostess simply handed us a pager and said 10-15 minutes, no friendly greeting at all. We sat down with about 10-12 other people who were waiting... After 10 minutes our pager went off and we were walked through a mainly empty restaurant filled with dirty tables. We were brought to a table with 2 plates and one set of silverware, handed menus, and then the hostess walked away in a hurried fashion. Our table was surrounded by dirty tables with dishes piled high. Finally a server came over and took our drink order. When she came back she simply sat the drinks down in front of us, not even giving us the right drinks, and walked away.
She came back and we ordered, my husband ordered crawfish étouffée, and I ordered blackened shrimp. Our food came out fast, maybe a little too fast- in only about 5-8 minutes. Still only one set of silverware. Maybe we were supposed to share? Our server never offered us drink refills or a desert. Then she dropped the check off and did not pre-bus our table. $33 for unfriendly service and mediocre food... Then less than an hour later I became very ill from what I ate here. Eat here at your own risk! I'm sure there are better places to eat around there.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Came here for lunch with the kids. Atmosphere is nice. Server was professional and friendly, but the service was very slow, even with a quarter full restaurant. What was really bad was the meal. Crawfish were over boiled. Oysters were way over fried as were the hush puppies. Sandwich was thrown together and unappetizing. We have been to other Jazz locations in the past and have had great meals. Hoping this was just a bad day for this location.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

be very wary if you eat here..we went last Saturday 7-17-2014 for dinner service was very slow to say the least but food was good....got a call today that my card had been used elsewhere...only place I have used it was here on the 17th....credit card company is looking into it and I hope they catch the server....we will not be back.

Jazz K, General Manager at Jazz A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hi Jim,
Can you send an email to Damian Farris at farrisd@jazzkitchen.com with some details on your visit? When you noted the date of the visit, should we assume it was 5/17 instead of 7/17? What time of the evening did you visit? Can you describe the server? Do you have the amount of the ticket?

We'd like an opportunity to do some research on our end due to the nature of your review. Theft is not something we take lightly and it will not be tolerated here. Thanks in advance for sending this information so we can take a look at it.