“Grandma Judy was GREAT!”

Comfort Inn Kansas City
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The employees are wonderful - Especially Grandma Judy - Even if you do not eat breakfast go visit Grandma Judy. Very nice hotel for the cost! I would return to this hotel in the future without a problem. When I see some of the reviews I am wondering if any of those who complained has ever actually been in a bad hotel (smile face).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2014

pretty much what one should expect for the money. a bit nosiy because lots of KC Chief fans in for a game. breakfast had hot eggs and breakfast sausage. only complaint was the bed, it kept wanting to roll me into the middle. between the noise and the bed i gave it 3 stars. otherwise what one expects when traveling for a 100 bucks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I was scared silly by all these other reviews but our experience was great. Amy greeted us warmly, our room (107) was fine with updated linens and everything was clean and worked fine. Bathrooms and pool are definitely outdated but still perfectly acceptable for less than $70/night. Breakfast is the usual fare but Janice kept it fully stocked and was friendly to all of us weary travelers. We would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This place is awful and I will never return. There were NO parking spaces when we returned to the hotel sometime after midnight. The front desk admitted there are barely enough parking spaces when they are booked. So, be warned, if you want to go out to dinner and a movie and return late, you may have to pack up and leave in the middle of the night like we did. The hotel manager contacted us and offered a free room to use whenever we'd like. We just came home from our second stay, and now I know it was a mistake. The parking lot was a sheet of ice, or shall i say it was a skating rink. I did not realize how icy it was until I fell as soon as I stepped out of my car. Thankfully, my elbows caught my fall. When I complained to the person at the desk, the first thing out of his mouth was, "that's not my job."

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location is right off interstate #70 next to a gas station but cheaper gas prices up the street if you're shopping. I was a little disappointed on arrival when we found out that our reservation was given to another person. How can that happen? Nevertheless, the front desk clerk gave us another room but took quite a bit of time after speaking to the manager by phone. She was very apologetic and even helped us with a map to a local mall with restaurants. Our room (suite) was well appointed which included a whirlpool, but didn't include a sofa or loveseat. One end table was missing a lamp so we had to move a desk lamp to accommodate our need to read in bed and took the garbage out from the bathroom. Internet line speed was fine and the full breakfast customary with this chain. The hotel manager was excellent in helping us feel more comfortable with our stay. Fantastic feedback!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We checked into this hotel prior to dinner and was moved 4 times before a room was found with heat, microwave and refrigerator and the final room was dirty and cigarette holes in bedspread. The hotel manager, Fran, was unorganized and unprofessional. They had lost our paperwork and had no idea what room we were in. The second night the room key didn't work so they obviously still had no idea where we were. The breakfast was lacking in quality and quantity and the person running it wouldn't even let me get a glass of juice until exactly 6:30. I have never been treated so poorly in a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: A tip to travelers-try the one at 103rd. Beautiful and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at this hotel and I've really enjoyed it. Fran the hotel manager makes you feel like a friend coming back to visit. She remembers you and greets you cordially. The rooms are very clean and The pool and hot tub are very nice. I like that the hot tub is actually part of the pool it's kind of unique. A Great hotel in a great location!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo