“Nice, quiet hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed two nights - in town for a wedding. Booked well in advance and saved some $.

Pros: Hotel was conveniently located near stores, restaurants and Ft. Leavenworth Army Post. Staff was friendly and courteous. Pillows cases are labeled to tell you if the pillow was soft or firm.

Cons: Bathroom needs to be updated - there were floor tiles popped out of grout and rust stains in the tub. Both double bed mattresses were really hard, and all four of us felt we were rolling off them when sleeping close to the edge. No one had a good nights sleep either night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Sherry B,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are pleased you did enjoy the location of our hotel. We are deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

For as proud as HIE is of their pancakes, I yet again found the machine OOS for 3/4ths of my stay. The same thing happened in MS a year ago. Twice, cheese omelettes were served with a side of powdered scrambled eggs. I simply cannot stomach another mouthful of HIE breakfast buffet. I prefer to just get a biscuit with sausage cheese and egg from a nearby gas station. The room was standard for HIE, a Groundhogs Day replica of the room I has in MS. BUT, there were NO accessible electric outlets. Usually there is a lamp base with 3 or 4 on the work table. When you have a lap top and an iPhone and a Kindle to charge, that is VERY inconvenient. The location is perfect. I have never had so many good restaurants within a minute walk. The indoor pool was refreshing. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Bbarre,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your kind words regarding our property being in a very convenient location, indoor pool refreshing and staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry if your stay was negatively affected by our breakfast service and menu. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Google: "Lansing KS speed trap" to confirm. In addition to your room charges, budget another $175 for your additional municipal contribution. We got busted in an unmarked "school zone" on Sunday morning at 10 AM. Hoteliers have an obligation to both warn their guests of this sort of monkey business AND to pressure their local governments to clean up. Until the latter happens, I wouldn't patronize any Lansing KS business.

Beyond that experience, we can report the hotel was generally OK but not really clean. The hall ways and elevator lobbies were dirty, and pulling out a nightstand to plug in a computer revealed beer bottle caps and cookie and potato chip crumbs. Breakfast was good, and the hotel was quiet. Our second floor room had very poor wi-fi reception.

PS: The local court will offer to "amend your speeding ticket" to a "non-moving violation" so you don't get speeding points on your insurance record. The fee for that is DOUBLE the speeding fine. Corrupt practices never end in this community.

Room Tip: Ask about internet. Our room has very spotty wifi reception.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 79,601
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear 79601,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I just finished a 12 night stay here. This place was great..quiet and safe set back from the main road. This is why I was pleased: powerful shower with unlimited hot water, hot breakfast every morning, round the clock coffee, laundry facilities, sparse but adequate gym, internet, microwave, coffee maker, and small refrigerator in room, and it was nice to walk in everday to cookies, fruit, and daily newspapers. My room was impeccably cleaned everday. Close by, there is a great Mexican place within 1 minute walk, and also within walking distance are several fast food places and a Chinese restaurant. In Leavenworth, try Baan Thai and the Vietnamese Pho. High Noon Saloon is a local hangout. Lots of military stay here while studying at Ft. Leavenworth. It feels very safe and is a straight shot, about a ten-twelve minute drive to post. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank furman99
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We took our niece to visit her father in Leavenworth and this was the nicest, closest place to stay so we opted for it. It was easy to find, had a lot of restaurants close by, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We got a king suite which had a roll out sofa which was nice for staying with our niece. The breakfast i thought was the same you get at most hotels but I was a little dissapointed in the variety of options for hot/cold breakfast. There was little fruit and by time we ate some of the things were cold..and just not good. We went to Ihop across the street instead! The swimming pool was VERY COLD, and given that it was cold outside it lead to an overcrowded hot tub/whirlpool so our downtime was not able to be spent as we had anticipated given my 7 year old niece's lips were blue after 20 minutes of swimming.
Good points: quiet, even across from the elevator we did not get much hall noise that I noticed. Comfortable, with a microwave and small fridge we were able to have lunchtime items, snacks and drinks easily accessible without having to bring a cooler etc.
Bad points: the person at the desk when we arrived seemed to have no opinions of his own, I asked about placed to eat dinner and I think I scared him. very cold swimming pool.

Room Tip: Depending on your party size it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a suite. It provides a large...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed in the HI Express in Lansing multiple times over the years, and since I travel there frequently, I expect I'll stay there again. It isn't horrible by any means. It's always clean and the staff are extremely friendly. It's just not all that great, and has gone downhill in the last year. I was there over Thanksgiving, and I don't know if it was hard to get staff coverage for the holiday or if it was because it was fully booked, but the breakfast buffet was frequently out of food. I understand if the scrambled eggs run low and it takes a minute to swap out a hot pan. I don't understand how every single coffee vessel can be bone dry. Or the cold cereal containers. Raisin Bran keeps for years on a shelf! How do you run out? One night (of course, after everybody was in their PJs) the toilet stopped up. My call to the front desk was met with "You can come get a plunger." Seriously? The lamps next to the bed weren't functioning when we checked in, and I called the desk immediately. It was late, so they said they'd send maintenance by the next day. When we checked out four days later, we still hadn't seen maintenance. Or much of anything else, as those rooms are dark enough as it is without having two of the four light sources not working! There are very few outlets, so forget charging a lap top or a phone without moving furniture. The toilet paper and facial tissue had to have been rejected by the prison, they were so rough! The beds were comfortable enough, but the sheets were low quality and scratchy. The carpet was threadbare, especially in the doorway.

I know this isn't the Ritz and I shouldn't expect it to be. But I think you can have certain expectations of a chain like this, and despite the fact that the people were nice and the room was clean, overall my expectations weren't met. Is it enough to make me drive all the way to Kansas City to find a better hotel next time? Probably not. Just be aware that, while fine, this is not the world's greatest Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ElsieLew
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear ElsieLew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and hotel clean. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice Place, Fridge, Microwave, small coffee maker in room

Property sits back off the highway, so it's pretty quiet

In the same block, there is a Burger King, Arby's, Popeye's chicken, Taco Johns and an IHOP

Clean crisp sheets, 4 pillows per bed, Air conditioner/heater quiet enough, has a fan setting that works independently, and the windows open

Hot Tub spacious and very well heated, Indoor Pool was cool but clear and comfortable

Breakfast had pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits, warm cinnamon rolls, along with normal cereal, oatmeal. Also had V-8, orange juice, milk etc

Very tasty.

Overall good experience and priced well

Be Confident with choosing this property, I will return if the situation arises

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Calvin L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Home2 Suites by Hilton Leavenworth Downtown
Econo Lodge Lansing - Leavenworth
Condotels
Condotels
#1 of 1 in Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth? Share your experiences!