Econo Lodge
Comfort Inn & Suites(Lawrence)(Great Value!)
US$132
Eldridge Hotel(Lawrence)
US$154
US$146
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot breakfastnothing fancyother hotels in the areamicrowave and fridgeroom was cleanin townmotelmattresscampus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been coming to this hotel for the past 2 or 3 years. We come to lawrence for the 5k runs they have throughout the year and the people at this hotel are always so kind and helpful. They even remember who we are. I recently did the warrior dash with my sister and she loved them as well! The room is always clean, the breakfast is delicious and healthy and the location is perfect. I have no doubt we will continue to stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Econo2525, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

It's always a pleasure having. Great job on the warrior dash! What a great turn out. Thank you for taken the time to review our hotel.

Sam

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Found this nice gem of a motel when passing through Lawrence. Family run, clean rooms, and good service. Nice hot items in the breakfast area and good selection of other stuff. Would stay with them again when coming through the area.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs front and you can park right outside your door like in the old days.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank armoredtruckdriver
Econo2525, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your fabulous review. I will share it with the rest of our staff. They will be delighted to hear they are doing a fantastic job; hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon some day.

Regards,
Sam

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is clean & basic. We weren't spending a lot of time at the hotel so daily needs were met. It is older styled building, no elevators, vending was in a different area as we were on 2nd floor in the back. Breakfast offered several choices. Friendly staff w/a variety of travelers-family, business, special event guests, etc. Light sleepers: You can hear water running for bath/toilet through the walls & TV isn't flat screen so reception was sketchy at best & color was green tinted! Kids may not be impressed with that part. Pool was not open yet. For the price & convenience we will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Next time we will ask for a 1st floor room or an "interior" door where the units join the outside staircase.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Econo2525, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. I am happy to report that our hotel is currently in the process of installing new 39' LED HD TV in all rooms. We will also will be upgrading our satellite / cable, providing over 100's of channel most will be in HD.

We hope that you come back and experience the changes we are making.

Regards
Sam B

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had already booked a room at the Econo Lodge in Lawrence on my way out to Nevada, mainly because I saw it got the best ratings on here. As it turns out, I ran into some car troubles coming into Lawrence and had to get my car towed off the highway. Showing up late and stressed at the Econo Lodge, I was greeted by warm, friendly service at the front desk. The couple that owned the hotel was very kind and helpful. The room was comfy, clean, and just a 2 mile walk from the downtown. I spent a day exploring the shops and restaurants on Massachusetts (check out Free State Brew co!) Overall a great stay, excellent service from genuinely kind people at a reasonable price. Only drawback - very slow wifi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KatieMac787
Econo2525, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Nothing makes our day like knowing that we have pleased yet another guest and that they will return again. I will have our IT vendor address the Wi-Fi signal strength around the area of your room. Thank you for bring this important future to my attention.

Regards
Sam B

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is wonderful. I frequently travel to Lawrence to visit KU, and after staying at many other hotels in the area, this is by far the best choice. The price is always reasonable, the rooms are always clean and quiet, and the couple who run the hotel are fantastic. It is a short drive from campus and I have absolutely loved every stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Econo2525, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your positive experience regarding the value for your money and the cleanliness of the accommodation. Looking forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,