“Cheap place to sleep”

Days Inn KU Lawrence
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It's not a Hilton, but you knew that when you booked the room. It's an older hotel; the drapes and bedding are almost as old as me. But, the bed was clean - and that's huge for me. Questionable door repair scars, but the neighborhood doesn't feel like a bad one. The free breakfast was fine. Juice, coffee, waffles (make your own), baked goods, cereal/milk, breads, biscuit/gravy. It'll fill you up. Didn't use the TV, but it looks new. A/C ran all night just fine.

In a pinch, I'd stay here again. It was fine.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
saikiran, General Manager at Days Inn KU Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at our property. We take great pride in meeting guests expectations, and are very pleased when we do just that. We do try to update and remodel as much as possible making guests as comfortable as possible during their stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Ken Patel

Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The first stay I had was last summer and I dont have many complaints. The pool was great and the maids were very friendly. My room was alright for 60 bucks and the a/c worked great. There was a couple of small things I didnt like, they clearly vaccum around things and dont move them, there was crumbs around both the fridge and the night stand. The tv's suck. They have the most basic cable ever and some of the channels look very low definition...like they do on old heavyweight TV's...It was decent enough to stay again so when i went back i gave them my business....My second stay was god awful. I stayed there back in november while doing some filming in the area...i was sick so I need a couple of days to recover...upon checking in I was given a $55 dollar rate on that thursday and said I may need to stay again the next night if i wasnt feeling better...the manager simply said "well tomorrow it will be $100 because its the weekend and if you dont take it, i will sell it anyway". I was put off by that but felt so bad i went up and crashed out. My room was terrible this time. Upstairs king with an A/C unit that kept shutting off and leaking water. The room was stuffy, it smelled like a Kentucky Fried Chicken restraunt masked in air freshner and bleach. The sink area looked like someone broke it, the ice bucket had mildew all over it. The fridge had someone elses food and drink in it when I first got in there. I went down later that night to go ahead and reserve it for the $100 amount he stated...(which is incredibly high by the way for the crap lodging) and the dorky hipster kid who had to look up from his texting to help me told me it was now $120 because he only had 2 rooms left. I offered my AAA card and the fact that the manager said it would be $100 and he told me no, I couldnt be accommadated for less. I called around to other hotels and some of them had sold for 80-100 but were all sold out, so around midnight I went down to overpay for my room and found that the night auditor was the lone soul in this hotel who wasnt a rude, lazy annoyance. He was very helpful and polite. In the morning I went to check out and get my cash deposit (as if I could cause more damage to the room), and saw the breakfast. Cheerios or a brown squishy banana...MMMMMM BOY! Dont tempt me too much, days inn. Skip this place.

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicholas G

Thank you for expressing your concerns with us about your stay here. We are an old property and locally owned and operated, meaning we are constantly doing repairs and remodeling as much as we can. We have since upgraded our breakfast and breakfast area, as well as our rooms. We take great pride in our guest expectations and happiness. Unfortunately you experienced a time we were not able to meet those expectations.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I know this is an older Motel, But all the furnishings must have been new when the motel was first opened. Shower was dirty. Haven't seen that old of a Television in a long time. Motel needs to remodeled with a Bulldozer. we were tired from traveling and sleeping in the truck would have been better.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for expressing your concerns with us about your stay here. We are an old property and locally owned and operated, meaning we are constantly doing repairs and remodeling as much as we can. We have since upgraded all of our televisions and much more.

We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Ken Patel