“Clean and comfortable”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a fairly new hotel and our room was in perfect condition, very clean and comfortable. Excellent bed and pillows. The only complaint is that the room isn't exactly what we would call a suite. The bedroom is separated but does not have a door. The room has a microwave and a small refrigerator, but not a real kitchen. The only suite-like aspect is that there is a living room that is somewhat separated from the bedroom but oddly, the desk is not in the living room. We prefer a suite where one of us can work while the other sleeps since that happens pretty often, so this set up is not optimum for us. However, in terms of cleanliness and comfort, this hotel is excellent and its central location in Lawrence is also very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArkansasOrchid
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I apologize for you inconvenience with our suites not having separate rooms. Thank you for the raving review, we really appreciate it and hope you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for one night while traveling through Kansas. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Not knowing our way around made finding a place to eat a bit of an experience. Unlike most motels in other cities where the restaurants are close by, we drove around quite a bit trying to find a place to eat. I would highly recommend the motel though as it was one of the better Comfort Inn & Suites we've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Get yourself a map if you want to find your way around Lawrence.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom W

Next time you stay with us ask our front desk staff for a recommendation and they will help you pick out one of Lawrence's amazing restaurants. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the comfort in and suites. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Lawrence, KS, and we highly recommend it !!! The reason to stay here is unquestionably the top notch staff, who made our long term stay very comfortable indeed!!! Beginning with the personable hotel manager, Mike, and including front desk personnel Crystal, Chrissy, and Tayten, to the excellent housekeeping department including Marquita and the housekeeping supervisor, Jose. This place is definitely worth a stop in your travels! You will sleep well in their comfy beds and receive great recommendations from the staff on what's what around town. JWJ

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JW J
LawrenceComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to sty with us at the comfort inn and suites. Our staff was happy to have you and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just spent a month traveling through europe and was dreading coming back to the states. Lawrence, KS of all places was my destination for a friend's wedding. Expecting a dud of a room and the average wham-bam hotel experience. Sure enough, even arriving in the dead of night, the attendant (Chase) was more than happy to fix me up in my room and even help me with the television (Not tech savvy, I suppose). Breakfast was great and got up and on with my morning after a review of restaurants by Chase. Great staff, great rooms. Only minus was parking, but I could care less. I will be back.

Room Tip: Noticed west side had the traffic close to the building.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin A

Thanks for staying with us and I appreciate your positive feed back and can not wait for you to return.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had a wonderful experience the 3 weeks I stayed in the beginning of April. The day I arrived I was greeted by wonderful young lady, Morgan, she was very friendly an helpful. I had my reservation done my company, once I mentioned my name, she had my paperwork ready for me to sign, my keys were already made. It was very prompt an professional, she notified me of the full breakfast offered every morning with when the hours it served. I was really impressed with her friendly attitude and professionalism. I would definitely recommend staying here, I know I will be back when I come through the area again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reymundo R

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the comfort inn. i Am happy to hear that Morgan was helpful and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I loved Comfort Inn. it's friendly, roomy, clean and good looking. The room was large with good decor and hardware (with the only exception of the small and uncomfortable bath tub), the bed was huge and comfortable, the TV - big and true HD with more satellite channels than I have at home. Great service, too. Every day after 4 they serve freshly made cookies with very good quality coffee in the lobby. When we overslept and missed "not so continental" breakfast - it includes eggs, bacon and hash browns - the hotel manager went to the kitchen and BAKED US COOKIES! The location is not best, but if you drive or have someone to pick you up, stay at Comfort Inn. I know I will next time I visit my daughter in Lawrence. Bring your swimsuit for the indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tankhimo
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I am sorry the bath tub was not to your liking but another option we offer is a jacuzzi suite, which is nice and big, something to keep in mind for your next visit. Cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were traveling through the area enroute to another destination. We were lucky to get the last available room. The lobby was busy, but the desk attendant was great. She took care of everyone and followed up by bringing us take out restaurant listings to our room when she had a break. The room was clean and comfortable. Very pleased and would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Violet099
LawrenceComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks for your glowing review, we really appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!