“Pretty good food but gret atmosphere”
Review of La Familia Cafe & Cantina - CLOSED

La Familia Cafe & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We always enjoy La Familia for a quick meal. Funky Mexican atmosphere. Good service and good food. 3 kinds of salsa. Run by a long-time Lawrence family.

1  Thank timetraveller00

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I enjoyed dinner at La Familia. It isn't amazing mexican food but it's good and exactly what you would expect from a small place. It's a fun place to grab some dinner on a Friday when you don't want to dress up and just relax a little. I'd happily go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

It's a very small little Mexican place (which I'm usually a huge fan of), but this one has the charm without the quality. The food is very mediocre (I had a chicken burrito) and the service was poor. The prices were not great and it struck me funny that you have to pay (99 cents) for second and subsequent baskets of chips at your table. It didn't affect us because we didn't get a chip refill, but I thought it was strange because free chips and salsa is one of the things people love about Mexican restaurants!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Not impressed. This place has apparently been a lawrence staple for quite some time but I was not a fan. It still is better than several other mexican eateries in this town though(el mezcal).

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hands down the best Mexican in Lawrence. Great margaritas, rice and beans. Guacamole and Avocado tostadas are amazing. Lots of options here and reasonable prices.