“What a pleasure to stay in a comfortable room.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
“What a pleasure to stay in a comfortable room.”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I never stayed in a super 8 hotel before but was very surprise with the cleanest in the room. I took my son there for school and needed a place for the night. Every thing was great nice flat TV in the room. We even had a small refrigerator and the bed was so comfortable after 10 mins in the bed I was sleep.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I found the Super 8 to be clean BUT lacking in the security department. The first day I was here someone tried to get in my room! That night I heard someone outside my window and thought someone was prowling cars in the parking lot late at night,I said something to the attendant on duty and was told that they have signs in the parking lot that they were not responsible for any of the autos in the parking lot. That did not make me fell very secure at all! Plus the back door doesn't work either. Some of the help should find a new line of work,they seemed to be unhappy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Lawrence hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Booked by phone while traveling and got price from "Hotel booklet". Clerk at check in was very kind but while checking us in "the boss" came up and indicated to the clerk we should not be getting this rate. She explained that "Frank" had made the reservations and she was processing. He showed his displeasure by his tone in talking with her but she continued to check us in. First mistake on our part #1....if they don't want to be kind and welcome us should have left #2 ...should have looked at room and then checked out. #3 Room was stuffy, carpet looked not so clean #4 Ceiling in bathroom needed much repair #4 Breakfast in room with LAUNDRY! I don't understand why when the people overseas bought into our hotel chains why they are not held to same standards as MOST in the states. As much as we travel I need to start reviewing rooms again BEFORE checking in. The same room to a military couple checking in was $20.00 higher...that is just not right.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank frg1995
St. Louis
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This was the last hotel of an eight day trip I took with my seven year old twins and 9 year old daughter. We had a non-smoking room but the stench was so strong in the rest of the hotel they ought not to have bothered. The breakfast area scared us so we skipped that part. No elevator so I had to lug everyone's luggage up to the second floor. Would not stay there again.

Mississippi
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at in 12 years. The hotel stinks, is in a sketchy location and the staff is not helpfull.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This motel is older and there is no pool or restaurant. Our rooms were clean and had flat panel TVs with cable, but there were no clocks or mini-fridges. The motel has 3 floors with no elevators. This motel is also pet friendly with a fee. The location was somewhat convenient for our needs as we were in the area for the Kansas Ironman 70.3, and we were given a late check-out without incurring an additional fee.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I planned to stay one night at the Super 8 Motel in Lawrence on business. However, when I turned down the bed I noticed hair, dirt, and stained sheets. Also, the outside temperature was 80 degrees F, which is unseasonably warm for early October. According to the staff, the motel's hallway did not have air conditioning. Furthermore, I couldn't regulate the room's temperature couldn't be regulated properly. I managed to get the credit added back to my credit card and I stayed at another motel without any penalty.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business