“Shortest hotel stay ever.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Thought we'd give a different hotel a try. We usually stay at a hotel across the street from this place, but since we are always on the lookout for something better we gave it a shot. Check-in was smooth and the clerk was very pleasent. We had reserved a room with a king bed. Only available was on the "first" floor. As noted by other reviewers, the "first" floor is basically the basement with walk-out patio doors to the adjacent park. Hallway is dark, dank and not at all appealing. Stunk, too. Got to the room, and it wasn't any better. Dark, dank, smelled, mold in the shower. Carpet was horrible, we were afraid to walk barefoot on it. We turned around, returned the key to the desk and proceeded to our usual hotel across the street. Strongly recommend avoiding this place unless there isn't a single room available anywhere else in town, even then I'd consider sleeping under the stars or in my car instead.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank peak2001

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Got a room for about $100 plus tax, which was at least $25 less than most other chain hotels, but more than some of the cheapest hotels in Lawrence. Room was clean and the staff was professional. They gave me no hassle when I accidentally overstayed their 11 a.m. checkout time by 45 minutes. Their "queen size" bed seemed a little small and their pillows are smaller than normal, but all in all, it was a decent, comfortable room. The hotel abuts a park with a nice children's playground and disk golf. The playground would be great for a family with children. It's not 50 feet away from the parking lot. Smoking rooms are available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room looked clean but smelled really musty (we were on the bottom floor which was basically a basement with walkout patio from the room). The hallway also smelled like stale cigarette smoke even though all the rooms on that floor have non smoking signs on them from what I could see. Breakfast was average and is what you come to expect from the choice hotels brand. This is an OLD motel and for the price I was hoping for something just a smidge nicer. I will take the time in the future to book my hotel further in advance so the nicer hotels in town aren't sold out.

Room Tip: rooms on the 1st floor are in the basement, face the north and have walkout patio doors (about as &q...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel and two nights and liked it for the most part. The location right off the interstate is good and the city is very easy to get around. We had non-smoking room near an exit and did get a pretty good amount of smoke from that area. It actually seemed to be right in the room so it must have come in around the door. They also had some party animals running around most of the night making a lot of noise which they should have controlled somewhat. The carpet in our room was pretty gross around the edges and at the bathroom door. Bathroom was clean and bed comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found our stay here to be very pleasant. The staff was helpful and courteous. Our room was clean and comfortable. The room was well worth the rate we paid. Not fancy, but offered all of the basics. We will definitely stay here again during future travels.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had an employee rate to stay at this hotel. I made it for the wrong date. Which I understand that is my bad, but I asked the girl at the counter if she could change that date (which we do at our hotel all the time) She said no that they were sold out, ok I understand that too. But a guest came up said that he heard the conversation and he was checking out early so I could have his room. The lady behind the counter said no because she has an employee rate and we will not do that for her. The problem I had was not the way she talked to me but the way she talked to the regular guest standing beside me, telling him how I was just and employee rate and just kept talking down about it. My friend went online to book us another hotel and we saw the Quality Inn was NOT sold out. Of course we didn't stay where we are not wanted. But it just goes to show you the integrity of this hotels staff. Terrible

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jasmine S
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here 3 days in October on a very busy weekend in Lawrence. The room had such a strong smell of smoke we had to purchase air freshener to sleep in the room. The air conditioner did not work so the room was very hot. The shower control was extremely difficult to control. The breakfast was adequate, if you didn't get there before 7:30 all the yogurt and sweet rolls would be gone. The treadmill was broken. There were dirty wash cloths on the bathroom when we arrived. We were supposed to stay for 4 days but only stayed 3 when a better room opened in the Best Western. The Quality in had charged our card foe all 4 days on the first day and we are still waiting our refund.Don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013