“Wonderful Tamales, love this family owned restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Tropicana

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Tropicana
Ranked #154 of 307 Restaurants in Lawrence
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Tamales, love this family owned restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Husband and I grew-up in lawrence area. We have lived in Texas , Midland, West Texas and Houstona area past 36 years. And we have been to Mexico numerous times.

La Tropicana has some of the best "True Mexican Food" p.s. not Tex Mex, which is different. A very clean restaurant, cleaner than any fast food chains. PLus we have never had a bad server, BUSY ones, yes! But that should tell you something! They have wonderful Tamales, which you do not get at any fast food chains. So if you like and no the differee between Tex- Mex and "REAL Mexican food, you will like La Tropicana! The patio is a great place to sit, when the weahter is nice.

Yes they charge if you want the chips, but over all prices are very reasonable.

Thanks La Tropicana for 40 years of good" Mexican" food!

We look forward to eating here when we come back to visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank usroadrats

Lawrence, Ks
“good food, great margarita's, and the atmosphere is good. and its close to home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

food, management, clean and friendly. Usually get a place to sit. The outside seating is wonderful, they have the most wonderful dessert. Raspberry Chocolate Cake. A must have. Very clean place. I go there with family and friends quite often. Always on St Pats Day, so we can watch the parade. All in all it is rated one of the top 10 in Lawrence, Ks.

Visited May 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Reasonable Southwestern cuisine in Northeast Kansas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The atmosphere is pleasant, inside or out on the patio. The food that I tried was light and tasty. I did not find anything either too salty or lacking taste. I recommend trying it if you are looking for another Mexican style choice in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Topeka, Kansas
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

My wife and I eat here almost every time we are in Lawrence. We are from Topeka and visit Lawrence about every 2 weeks. The service is great, the food is perfect, the margaritas are great and the guacamole is the best I've ever had! I really like the occasional specials. They aren't just something that is always on the menu, they are made special just for that day and have never disappointed me. The pozole is absolutely fabulous on a cold day. We love to eat on the shady patio when weather permits

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eric P
Lawrence, Kansas
“Got to love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Let me see!!! Have been raised on La Tropicana, my kids come home to go to La Tropicana and take their kids. My daughter grew up on rice, beans and bean and cheese burritos with chips and home made salsa. We even have La Tropicana's phone number saved as a favorite. And don't forget, Low Riders......the best breakfast on a weekend in town. Del Campo family, keep doing what you are doing.......

Visited July 2012