“The hotel is nice, but no internet in the lobby??”
Review of Eldridge Hotel

Eldridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Lawrence
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for a business trip. The rooms were very nice and the staff (especially late at night) were very friendly. However, I complained on numerous occasions that the internet in the lobby was not working and nothing was done. The desk clerk told me that it was noted, but that should be a basic fix in this day and age.

Room Tip: Late night checkin is very quick.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TheOread, Public Relations Manager at Eldridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and for reviewing your stay at The Eldridge.

I am sorry that the internet in the lobby was not working while you were here, and appreciate that you took your time to tell our front desk. I understand your frustration that our internet should work 24/7, which we try to have work all the time. We have fixed the situation, and hope that it will not happen again.

Thank you for your review, it helps us learn from our mistakes. Again, I am sorry for the problem with our internet connectivity while you were here, but hope to see you again at The Eldridge in the future.

There are newer reviews for Eldridge Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My favorite place to stay in Lawrence. Great location on Mass St. Spacious rooms with wonderful staff. Fantastic food and great bar. Historical gem! Stay for the weekend for the amazing Sunday brunch with waffles and omelette stations and prime rib!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alice,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you business and love the fact that you have been able to stay and eat at The Eldridge!

I hope to see you around the Eldridge soon.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Eldridge is a fascinatingly restored historic property. I requested a room with a view of Massachusetts Street (downtown mainstreet) and received exactly what I had asked for. The windows were sealed and needed a good washing, but the view was always interesting. The layout of the room was a little odd with a 48" TV less than 5' from the couch, but a second TV was mounted in the bedroom and more easily viewed. The BED AND PILLOWS were phenomenal! I slept like a baby, and I'm usually picky about my bedding. The restaurant downstairs is excellent but very pricey. With a brewery just a block away, my group found easy entertainment before calling it a night. Their Valet Parking is well worth the $10 if you don't want to worry about feeding the street's parking meters every 2 hours. Very courteous staff and a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind traffic noise and the occasional car stereo, ask for a room with a view of Mas...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kris,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Eldridge. We appreciate your comments as it helps us grow and learn as a company.

I'm happy to see that our staff was able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, and hope you enjoyed the food at our restaurants. Thank you for letting us know about our windows. I'm sorry you weren't given the crystal clear view you deserve. I've notified our Housekeeping Manager about this, and will have it taken care of.

Thank you again for your business and review. I hope to see you again at The Eldridge in the future.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Reviewed 12 September 2013

A quiet retreat on a busy and thriving street in a sweet college town.
We were on a circuit visiting the Truman and Eisenhower Libraries. We needed a respite before going to the airport the next day. The rooms were terrific. Two large flat screen TVs, refrigerator.
Only drawback was the noisy air conditioning. Considering the heat spell we didnt care as long as we kept cool.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was in Lawrence visiting family and went for dinner to the Elderidge. The minute we walked into the hotel it felt like we had stepped into a grand old mansion. We then proceeded to Ten the restaurant we had chosen for dinner. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The food was DELICIOUS. But I have to give a special mention to the Creme Brûlée we had for desert. I wish I could have had more than one :-)! I will definitely make another visit to this hotel whenever I am in Lawrence next. Maybe try out their rooms as well next time. It was an extremely enjoyable evening and we all know that when we go anywhere for dinner, it is the staff, service, and food that makes or breaks the experience. And the Elderidge and their staff definitely came through for us.

S Mathur

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Smathuriam
Reviewed 5 September 2013

From the moment we walked into the hotel it was such a surreal experience. We came to Lawrence for a weekend away from our lives and who would have thought we would go down a path that would change our lives.

As soon as we walked into The Eldridge we were greeted with such a warm welcome. Throughout our stay each moment was a fateful twist and turn. Hour to hour it was always something new. From the spunky waitress at the Jayhawker, to getting a touch of Hollywood everyday from the housekeeper, and finally having the night desk clerk offer me a pillow and a blanket to curl up on the couch for a bit when the ghost scared me.

We went for a fun weekend at a haunted hotel, little did we know that hotel would turn into our home away from home and the staff our surrogate family. The Eldridge is truly THE treasure of Lawrence and the BEST hotel that I have EVER had the pleasure of staying at.

Room Tip: For a fun encounter with a harmless ghost check out the 5th floor! :-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were a party of 9 and we rented three rooms. Each room was wonderful and accommodated all of our requirements...plenty of space to hang out and visit, to shower and dress and the bedroom areas are wonderful...good mattresses, pillows and air conditioning! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family