“Great Lunch!”
Review of Cafe Chilingo - CLOSED

Cafe Chilingo
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: I am not the owner, nor representative. Just glad to see a new restaurant open in our town! Cafe Chilingo phone number - 913-758-1715. Info from their Facebook page: Welcome to Café Chilingo in Leavenworth Kansas. We are a family owned and operated establishment, and strive to gain an unparalleled reputation as one of the best hot dog and chili restaurants in the U.S. We offer a variety of dogs including Kosher, veggie, all beef, Turkey and Chicago style dogs with a "snap". We offer a unique Greek meat sauce, "chili", over pasta or hot dogs topped with cheddar cheese, onions and crackers. Its delicious and unforgetable! We hope to see you at our new location in historical downtown Leavenworth!
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Firstly, it should be noted that this place is now The Family Bistro and the menu is quite different from Cafe Chilingo's.
The Family Bistro is open from 7 AM to 2 PM. On Fri and Sat they stay open to 8 PM and add a dinner menu.
I was there on a Tuesday afternoon at about 1 PM. I had the soup and half a sandwich. The soup was a creamy chicken (sort of like New England Clam Chowder without the clams and with chunks of chicken white meat instead) with asparagus. It was really good and probably would have made a sufficient lunch all by itself. For the half sandwich I chose chicken salad. It too was excellent.
On their chalk board they listed several varieties of house made pie so I got one slice of chocolate-pecan and one slice of coconut to go. My significant other and I split the coconut last night. It was good. I'll report later on the chocolate-pecan, if it is exceptional either way.
All in all, it was a very enjoyable lunch. I'm looking forward to having breakfast there sometime as well as dinner.

1  Thank KSTrvlr

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I did not like it at all very dirty. Me and my family where very sick after we left. My sister barfed I whouldent go there for any type of money

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Cafe Chilingo is a gem! The food is wonderful -- flavorful, fresh, locally sourced and beautifully prepared by the owner, Elena, who is delightful and attentive to food allergies without sacrificing texture/flavor. I'll definitely be back and am already telling people about this place!

1  Thank KKarnovsky
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I liked the food alright. I ordered a shrimp po boy but had four shrimp that were not peeled all the way. But for the unpeeled shrimp it would have been a good sandwich.

The ambiance is not what I expected. I hoped for an eclectic feel but it was not.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Excellent food! BUT concerned about the quiche causing the paper it was served on to be eaten with the food. One hour to be served. The quiche on the black board was not the one we were served. Kept being promising the food would be right up. Server kept apologizing.