“Great for foodies, not so great for midwestern appetite”
Review of Room 39

Room 39
Reserve with OpenTable
Room 39 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Room 39 opened in November 2004 to rave reviews and opened their second location in Leawood Kansas in the summer of 2007. Focusing on seasonal, fresh and locally grown ingredients, Room 39 is the premiere location in Kansas City for seasonal American food. We are proud to support local agriculture.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you want to support local farmers, this is the place to go. Their menu is quite diverse and eclectic. Unfortunately, many items on the menu were just not appealing to us...so, we got the main course we wanted but not necessarily the side dish we would preferred. The salmon comes with beets and pickled fennel. Although neither were disgusting - certainly not what you would suggest with salmon. The salmon was pretty good. The beef filet chimichurri sauce (which didn't seem to be quite 8 oz. as advertised) was cooked to perfection but the fingerling potatoes left much to be desired. Atmosphere was romantic; white linen table cloths. I've heard that their breakfast menu is excellent. We may want to go back just to try that next time.

1  Thank CindyOrr

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Room 39 in Leawood is the second iteration of the same name and is a great place for lunch and a special event spot for dinner. Prices are midrange reasonable and the service is always top notch. They have several standard dishes that are almost always on the menu consisting of their delicious quiche of the day with salad, excellent soups that change every day or two and their house burger and pork loin sandwiches. They always feature several interesting entrees and you can always find something you like.

The only negative is it can get quite noisy since it is a concrete floor with little or no sound absorption making it difficult at times to carry on a conversation. On the plus side there is no irritating "elevator music" that is found at so many restaurants these days which must have been programmed by a local rap artist .... Not conducive to pleasant conversation. Room 39 is on my list of repeat restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Suddrethks
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Beginning with the bartender, the restaurant successfully attends to the small details. Our group enjoyed the tasting menu. They allowed us to bring our own wine for a$25 corkage fee. My duck breast was slightly overdone and the manager noticed it before I did and brought another. The staff was attentive in all respects. The tasting menu provided slightly smaller portions of each item, but beware, these are only slightly reduced in size. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times before this dinner and will keep going back. The menu isn't very extensive, but it is varied and very interesting. The menu has stayed bascially the same in the year or so since we've been going. I particularly like their four course tasting menu. Portions are smaller, but it's filling. Their specialty cocktails are delicious. The service has been outstanding every time we have been there. The only reason I don't give this an excellent review is some of the dishes I have tried I didn't particularly like, for instance some were too salty for my taste and another time I wasn't fond of the way the vegetable on the side was prepared. But at the same time my husband didn't find them too salty. We haven't been to their other location as this one is much closer to our home. We consider this a special occasion restaurant

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place is wonderful! Whenever we travel to Kansas City we make a special trip here. The bacon hash was amazing and the mimosas were on point. You must try the white bean soup on the lunch menu it was the best soup I have ever eaten, just the right amount of seasoning and a ton of meat. The service is great and they all help each other, you never run out of drinks or anything. I love that's its great dining in a casual comfortable atmosphere.