“Best Prix Fixe in town - maybe anywhere”
Review of Room 39

Room 39
Reserve with OpenTable
Room 39 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Room 39 opened in November 2004 to rave reviews and opened their second location in Leawood Kansas in the summer of 2007. Focusing on seasonal, fresh and locally grown ingredients, Room 39 is the premiere location in Kansas City for seasonal American food. We are proud to support local agriculture.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

At $39 (may be an upcharge for truly special items - like a morel salad) for four excellent courses, with the ability to choose among alternatives, this has to be the best value in town. You can also just order what you want, like any other restaurant, if the choices for the prix fixe that night don't wow you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Another great meal at R39. Started with the cheese plate, delicious pairings. Then moved onto a morel salad and the risotto. Both very fresh with levels of flavors and textures. Then Salmon & Duck. My wife said the salmon was fantastic and this is my go-to duck. Crisp on the outside with med-rare insite...sooo good! We finished with strawberry panna cotta for dessert. Light and full of flavor...what a great way to top off the meal along with a good cup of coffee.

This was our first time sitting outside and that was a real treat. It's well shaded and we had a gentle breeze, lovely!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ordered vegtable quiche, it had no taste and was barely warm. Hard to find any vegtables, they would do well to add some spinach and onions and mushrooms or just about anything. I try to avoid salt and it helped in that regard, but it really needed some spices! The fruit salad was delicious, wonderful selection of fruit in season.
The scone was so so, I have had much better.
The service was excellant, very good and polite.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Food and atmosphere were the outstanding points for our brunch. I'd go there again, easily! The server was pleasant when he was at our table, but it took a looooong time between being seated and getting service - in fact, my niece finally got up and had to mention that we hadn't even gotten water. Our waiter had a hit-and-run style. One time he came to leave a dish at our table, but sped away as we were about to ask a question.

I will say, though, that I've been there for dinner and had excellent service when the room was really busy. So, I come away thinking that the service is spotty - sometimes good, sometimes absent, but still better than rudeness or attitude, so, whatever! Our food was fantastic and it was a nice place to chat and spend an hour or so.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Today was my first visit for breakfast, and I will definitely be back. We thought the food was delicious, and they generous portions. I had the salmon omlet with fruit. I asked for extra fruit instead of potatoes and was happy with the amount of extra potatoes they gave me. Many restaurants give no extra when you ask for no potatoes and extra fruit. The omlet, fruit, and coffee were very good. My friend got the quiche which was delicious! Not only was it delicious, it was the largest slice of quiche I've seen. The crust was obviously home made. The salad which came with it looked really good. We both ate every bite and will be back soon. I was very tempted to get the veggie burger, so next time I'll be torn between trying the quiche and the veggie burger. Everything we saw delivered to others looked delicious. So glad we went there!

1  Thank CharlieKansasCity