Aloft Leawood - Overland Park
US$73
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
Hyatt.com
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$119
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$119
  • Pool
US$219
US$202
  • Pool
US$103
US$95
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$140
US$142
US$131
All reviewswithin walking distancecalifornia pizza kitchenparking situationrooms are smallrestaurants and shopsmovie theatersushi barkansas citynice showeroverland parklobby areabusiness travelerindoor poolcomfortable roomcoffee makerkc areaair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel room itself is fine. It is nicely appointed, clean and in good shape.

The service, however, is nothing short of horrible. I stay about 100 nights per year in Starwood Hotels and generally received great service. This Aloft in Leawood is an exception. I recently stayed here for 3 nights.

The first issue is that they put a multiple holds on my debit card. Hotel usually puts a hold on the credit/debit cards, but in this case, looks like there back office run the cards multiple times and resulted in multiple holds. This is an issue as it reduces my cash fund.

The second issue is when I asked for an extra pillow. I was told that they are out of pillows. Really, folks?

The third issue is just the demeanor of the front desk agents. They act more like running a club than a hotel. I understand that Aloft (and W Hotels) are a bit casual but please, shows some level of professionalism. Not all your guests are there to party at your bar. I requested to speak with the manager and was told that she will be in later that morning. Her name is Rosa, I believe. I gave my cell number and ask that she calls me back to discuss some of the issues. In the 3 days I was there, I did not get a call back at all despite me asking for a call back 2 mornings in a row.

And it's been 2 weeks now and my points have yet to post (including amenity points and points for spending certain dollar amount at the XYZ bar).

I am traveling now but when I get back to the office, I will log an official complaint with Starwood.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank blindpilot
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I had to find a hotel that would take us up and back between the Aloft and their sister hotel the Sheraton Overland for the Nat. Restaurant Assoc. culinary competition. The Aloft assured us they had a shuttle running between the hotel at the times we needed it before booking. With four our of five trips between hotels we either hired a taxi because the shuttle was no where to be found. We acturally asked a patron to let us hitch a ride with them due to our tight schedule one time. The hotel never offered to pay the cab fare due to their absent shuttle guy. Room was lovely but what we needed was transportation during a very busy weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Loved the hotel, but the bartender was ready to close at 9.30 and spent more time singing and being nonresponsive to the customers. When I walked up the first thing he said he was closing I should go somewhere else, I couldn't believe what he said. Next time I will.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Thanks to the Aloft in Leawood our trip was rescued! The staff went out of their way to see we had a room very last minute. Although we had to change rooms after one day we were more than happy to cooperate due to the kind nature of the hotel group. Their rooms are clean, quiet and the hotel is easy to find off the freeway. Walking distance from great food and entertainment. Nice outdoor area with a fireplace to enjoy a drink from the bar.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I approached my stay with trepidation, based on some of the reviews. And being mindful of other gripes about noise, I asked at check-in to be situated as far away from the action as possible. She put me up on the sixth floor, the very top. I didn’t hear a thing (save for the tornado sirens and thunderstorms... ahhh, Kansas in the spring!)

The room is terrific… comfortable bed, stylish feel, lots of outlets for devices. FREE wireless, too… I love aloft for this. I couldn’t care less that there weren’t any drawers; and I didn’t think it was like staying at an IKEA. The only complaints I can kind of understand are the pane of glass separating the shower from the room. I probably will never understand this design touch, and I predict it to be short-lived. Also, it is a bit of a walk from the parking garage, but if you’re significantly encumbered by luggage, I’m sure you can drop it all off in the front first. I'd add that they're a bit stingy with towels, but it wasn't a huge problem. It wasn't the biggest room in the world, but I like its layout.

The shopping area is a symbol of bad retail timing. It was probably built right around when the economy started to tank, it’s small and I've never heard of any of the retailers, not that that necessarily means anything. But it’s nice, with a half-dozen restaurant options. I understand that there are many other restaurants a few blocks away on Metcalf.

The area feels prosperous, not quite as fancy as the Country Club Plaza area, but very appealing. I'd stay there again in a second.

Room Tip: For quiet, get a high room facing Sprint.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo