“Third Time to Visit--Won't Be The Last”

Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood

My wife and I visited Sullivan's Steakhouse with two goals in mind:

1. To enjoy an excellent meal with great service
2. To take a moment to celebrate our 13th Valentine's Day together

Mission Accomplished!

We arrived at Sullivan's for a 6:00 PM reservation and were promptly seated in a booth in front of the extensive wine room. As customary, were asked if we had any pressing plans or other places we needed to go, as our server did not want to rush us through our meal.

My wife enjoyed the Prix Fixe menu for $39.99: Cheese Steak Eggrolls, French Onion Soup, and 6 oz. Filet. Each item was excellently prepared, the steak cooked to a perfect medium and topped with a delicious Goat Cheese and Bordelaise sauce.

I enjoyed the Braised Beef Ravoli, Iceberg Lettuce Wedge, and the daily special: 3 different filets each topped with a different sauce. Each steak was perfectly prepared and delicious.

We ended our meal with dessert (try the bread pudding) and two glasses of Moscato.

All in all, the meal was enjoyable, the service impeccable and the atmosphere very classy. Kansas City has a number of great steakhouses and Sullivan's should definitely be included.

1  Thank KCL78
There are newer reviews for Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had never tried Sullivan's Steakhouse prior to Restaurant Week, but this was a great time for us to give it a shot!

The food was very good. We started out with the traditional Caesar salad, which was pretty much like most - nothing to really set it apart. The entree most of us went with was the Filet Mignon. It arrived and was cooked as ordered for us (generally medium or medium-rare). A quality cut of meat for sure, however they seared the outside to the point it was almost burned - and mine was medium-rare. I know that this is usually done to "seal in" the juices and resulting flavor, but when you have to trim most of your cut to get rid of the taste of char then it is less impressive.

We went with the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding for dessert and it was great. Then our server set the meal apart from most restaurants by bringing out a large sample of their coconut creme pie for everybody to try. Great gesture and definitely will earn a repeat visit from us - it was fantastic!

Sullivan's Steakhouse in Leawood is a good solid choice for a quality meal. There are more intimate/romantic eateries, as well as a few with even better food. Nonetheless, if you are looking for a dependable place to take your date, your family, or a group of friends you will truly enjoy the Sullivan's experience.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

've wanted to try Sullivan's for awhile now, but I finally made it in over restaurant week. We made reservations over Open Table and were seated within five minutes of our reservation. There was a jazz trio playing in the bar area and they sounded great. We listened for a few minutes while we waited and, once seated, the lovely music wafted into the dining area.

We ordered cocktails. I went with the Knockout (the restaurant's signature martini : Svedka Clementine Vodka infused with Fresh Hawaiian Gold Pineapples) and because I'm a weenie I had them add a little orange juice. It was delicious. My table mate ordered the Knockout as listed on the menu and it was delicious, too.

I started with the wedge salad - iceberg wedge with Bleu Cheese dressing, Bleu Cheese crumbles and tomatoes. The salad was generously loaded with crumbles and tomatoes. I thought it was delicious.

For dinner I had the 8 oz fillet with creamed spinach and horseradish whipped potatoes. I wasn't a fan of the potatoes. There was only a hint of horseradish, but I didn't enjoy it. Sure, they were different than potatoes I could've had anywhere else. The spinach was good. I really enjoyed the steak, which was the star of the show. It was perfectly cooked to order, medium-rare, and had a beautiful crust.

My meal was finished with cheesecake with strawberry sauce. I don't usually order cheesecake but I was in the mood. I'm so happy I did because I think Sullivan's cheesecake was better than any other I've ever had. It wasn't dense or heavy, instead it was light and fluffy.

The restaurant is beautiful and well kept. The service was impeccable. The cocktails were delicious and free-flowing. The food was overall very good. I have had a couple of friends label this place Cougar Town and I would probably agree with that assessment as far as the bar goes, but that certainly wouldn't deter me from enjoying a drink there.

Will I go back? They were running a Valentine's special and that just might be where I end up (sans horseradish mashed potatoes).

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Ate at the Leawood Sullivan's during restaurant week and was wowed by their service, large portions and wonderful food. Sullivan's had a great prix fixe menu and was served large portions with a great waitress.
Did not have to wait, seated quickly by a very friendly hostess.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Ate here the first time tonight for our anniversary. I give them credit for extra touches like giving us a handwritten anniversary card when we sat down, knowing our names, etc. The server was trying VERY hard (and I tipped him appropriately). My wife had the $39 prix fixe menu with shrimp cocktail, an iceberg wedge salad and a 6 oz filet. I had the steak au poivre, which is one of my faves. Her meal was better than mine. The iceberg wedge with lots of good bleu cheese was very good and her steak was excellent, although a little too rare for medium. My steak au poivre was a disappointment. It came sliced, which I did not expect and what should have been brandy sauce was a bourbon sauce that I didn't care for at all. My steak was sort of tough and just not that flavorful. Should have gotten what the wife got. They offered us a free chocolate mousse for our anniversary but we declined because we were so full. It was good but not superb.

1  Thank KaneoheBoy