“Great Steak Old Decor” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood

Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse - Leawood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 119th & Roe Avenue
New York City, New York
“Great Steak Old Decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

While traveling for a conference I asked the limo driver to take my party of four to "the best steakhouse" in town. He brought us to Sullivan's where the steaks were in fact fabulous! They have an expert knowledge of how to cook beef! However, the carpet smelled of cleaning solution, and the atmosphere was much too dark...the type of lighting that puts people to sleep. I suggest you grab your steak to go!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Winter Park, Colorado
“Great martinis, fabulous steaks and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The mixologists did it up. Steaks almost the best and the service our large group was personalized, prompt and just fun. Terrific place!

Visited February 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Perhaps one of the best steaks I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a great dining experience at Sullivans. Our party had calamari and it was some of the best I've had in a restaurant that was not close to the ocean but the filet mignon was melt in your mouth perfect! Great service and atmosphere. Put it on your list as a must visit!

• Visited April 2014
Leawood, Kansas
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was not our first trip to Sullivan's, but this occasion was our anniversary and my experience was so disappointing, I doubt I'll return. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived, but picked up over our stay - not SRO however. The waiter was wonderful, very attentive and helpful. We ordered appetizers, cocktail for me, salad/soup, entrees and a side dish. I specifically ordered my steak medium well, described how I wanted that to look (strip of pink in very middle, gray brown inside) and said I would be sending it back if it arrived otherwise. When it arrived, I lightly pressed my fork to the top - and it was squishy - an obvious sign that it was not cooked to my specification. I waited almost 5 minutes for the waiter to return to the table, and sent it back with a reminder of how I wanted it cooked. After waiting at least 10 minutes, the female GM ceremoniously brought my steak back, and requested that I check it. It was EXACTLY the same on the inside, with a slightly more charred outside. After I pointed this out to the GM, she started a debate with me about the definition of "medium well done", and asked if I wanted to return it again. I told her I was hungry and tired of waiting. I ate a couple of bites and then cut the steak in half horizontally to further demonstrate that it was still almost medium rare. As my husband finished his dinner,the GM walked by again (ignoring me) and I called out to her, asking "does this look like medium well done to you?!" This time she admitted that it did not, and apologized. By then, my dining experience was ruined, and I was anxious to leave. The GM comped our meal, but I couldn't have cared less. We didn't need a free meal and didn't go there for a free meal, we went there for a lovely dining experience on our anniversary. Three things made me angry: 1) a lazy chef who doesn't understand what medium well looks like 2) NO ONE took even 5 seconds to double-check my steak before serving it the second time 3) the GM is equally as lazy as the chef and argumentative to boot. There was NO excuse for our experience there tonight - amateur hour with a Manhattan price tag.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank greatexpectations076
Kansas
“Melt in your mouth steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a top-notch steakhouse. I have had the bone in ribeye, filet, and regular ribeye and all were very, very good. They are very pricey for my budget but for a special evening out and fantastic steaks, this is a great place. Wait staff was also excellent and they have a great selection of wine as well. They have some type of egg roll appetizer that was really good as well. We had a reservation and were well taken care of.

• Visited February 2014