“Gotta go for Happy Hour!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 117th & Nall
“Gotta go for Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Have been here many times including New Year's Eve and with my children. We love it! It may not be "traditional" sushi since it seems to be mostly "fusion" dishes but they are delicious! Happy Hour brings you reduced prices on some rolls, drinks and other specialties such as the sheshido (sp?) peppers. Mouth watering-or shall I say 'burning' depending on the
pepper you select. Not a Happy Hour selection but onebyou must try-A Hot Mess- my personal favorite!

Iowa City, Iowa
“HUGE FAN! Best Sushi I've had in KC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

We absolutely love Ra Sushi! The atmosphere is great, the Sushi Rolls are the BEST I've had in KC, and the service is good as well. It's a fun, swanky place and we love it. I'm very particular about my sushi as I just moved to Kansas City from California about 6 months ago, and I have to say this is great. I have been to the Ra Sushi in San Diego as well which wasn't as good but not bad. Definitely would recommend and will be going back as soon as I can! I would say the only negative is the prices on the specialty rolls are a bit high, but it seems to be worth it. The 2nd time we went my fiance had a client in town from the coast, who said: Sushi in the midwest? NO THANKS. we proved her wrong and she loved it!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kansas city
“Best Happy Hr in KC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

I can't say enough about how great this happy hour is. 1/2 price sushi & appetizers. Def get the Viva Las Vega roll and the tuna maki..the lobster spring rolls are good too! The wait staff is amazing..havent had that kind of service in I dont know how long. Will def be a repeat customer here. LOVE IT!!

Overland Park, Kansas
“It was OK. We got it to go, so maybe need to try again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

It was OK. We got it to go, so maybe need to try again.

Kansas
“Worth a visit, especially for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

Cool atmosphere and vibe to this place but not too young. I have found the starters to be pretty weak although the wait staff talks them up. Fish seems fresh and good quality, Rolls are good but not exceptional, I prefer Kyoto or Sushi Haru. Still getting used to the way they have pre-rolled rice sheets that just get laid onto the seaweed paper...seems to make the rolls a little tougher than others that use traditional methods. Great value druing Happy Hour though. I think HH runs from around 3:30-6:00 pm. Half price on many of the starters rolls and sushi along with some drink deals which makes this place the best value in the area for sure. I will be back for HH many more times.

• 3 of 5 bubbles