“Modern Fun Sushi”
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 117th & Nall
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Interesting and creative menu options. Not for the traditional sushi lover. The restaurant service was fantastic, the food unique and Flavors bold. Well made cocktails. The energy in the restaurant is definitely a party atmosphere. Tasty and fun place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If I go back to Ra, it will be solely if I am getting takeout. I've eaten in the restaurant several times and have the same experience each time. The food is great. When I go for happy hour, the specials are great. What isn't great are the atmosphere and service.

Ra is clearly very interested in being a trendy "see and be seen" type of place. It is in an affluent shopping area that supports this attitude. One of the heavily promoted times at the restaurant is happy hour and when it fills up, it is uncomfortably loud due to high ceilings and other interior design. In fact, I refuse to to go back if I have to sit inside. There is outdoor seating that is a little more bearable but I have found that service suffers outside.

The last time I was at Ra, the service was really bad. We were outside and our waiter was very clearly irritated with something - the fact he had to work, the fact his tables were outside or life in general. I'm not sure what it was but it was painfully obvious he was not interested in taking care of us. We ordered all of our sushi at the same time but it was 1 hour and 30 minutes between the first and last rolls being delivered. I understand staggering orders to make for a fluid eating experience, but we had to ask where the last one was and then wait a half hour before it finally arrived. In addition, I ordered an iced tea and when it arrived I realized it was flavored. When I asked the waiter if I could get something else, he seemed offended that I wouldn't assume the tea was flavored. Really? He grabbed the glass, rolled his eyes and walked away.

All in all there are better all around sushi places in KC and that's where I'll be spending my money moving forward.

1  Thank GrumpyPug
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Food is good. Price is reasonable. Service is very much dependent on the server, but good in general.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I have had sushi on Kansas though it is probably not a place one would expect to have superb sushi. I have been to places that have above average sushi in Kansas. RA is a little different. It's a good hang out place in addition to good fusion sushi. It happened to be puma night when I went. I only spent $35 for the two of us. Great food and great value.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Happy hour is a wonderful time to visit this place. Their menu is inexpensive and they have a lot to choose from. The people who have never had sushi or sashimi before it is now a great place to start. The cocktails during happy hour also are extremely well priced