“Pre Fathers Day dinner”
Review of 801 Chophouse

801 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 117th Street and Nall
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A Pre-Fathers Day dinner on Saturday night at 801 Chophouse was so very good. Alex (server 1041) took extra special care of us. She knew the menu very well, and guided us thru what she felt was good, and what was not AS good. She allowed us to have small plate’s appetizers. Because we all wanted just a taste. Whether she really did do this on her own, or it is done before, either was, it was spectacular.

The scallops were the best, but the crab cakes and shrimp were not far behind.

We had KC Strip, filet medallions, and prime rib. Not sure which was one was the best, way too hard to tell. Each one was done to perfection, and the leftovers were equally as good.

I liked the idea of family style sides. We should have taken Alex up on small samples of each, instead of just the few we had. Maybe on our next visit.

Last but certainly not least, the dessert was out of this world. My personal wish is that you come up with a sampler dessert tray. In this way, it would have given us a sample of all, instead of just one.

Special praises to Alex. Too many times it’s so easy to berate a restaurant or a server when things go awry. She helped make our evening memorable.

1  Thank midwestguy28

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our server Chris. Williams was outstanding in explaining the difference in 801's meat over other establishments. The service he and others presented us with was excellent . We order various cuts of meat and some lobster and were overwhelmed with the taste. It was pricey but we had enough to take back to our hotel and warm for lunch the next day. The side of asparagus 15 extra large stalks and grilled perfectly . Will return on our next trip to the area

2  Thank Barb C
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Directly next to our hotel. Fast, courteous service. Good steaks, tender but somewhat pricey.
Will likely return if in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A very nice establishment but the food misses the high marks there prices and decor lead you to. I got the prime rib and I was very disappointed. No flavor at all. My husband, daughter and son-in-law got the Kansas City Steak. It was good, but it seemed that the waiter was pushing it because it was the only good thing they had. The prices were outrageous for Kansas.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My business colleagues and I tried this restaurant which has a nice location in Town Center. It's a beautiful restaurant with very good service generally. The main issue is that for the price, the food is way too average. Steaks that start at $42 up to $80 should be above average, but I actually can get great steak at Hen House next door.

The cheddar cheese hash browns were about as disgusting as they sound. Everything else was cooked well, but was dinner-table average. I was surprised at how empty the place was, and have noticed that it's only really crowded on the weekends. The happy hour bar seemed to have the biggest draw from business people.

I can't recommend this place. The staff were very prompt and friendly, but the food really doesn't live up to the price.