“I tried it and liked it”
Review of Sushi House

Sushi House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Nall and Roe in Town Center Plaza
Description: Award-winning design is obvious in this 60-seat restaurant; upon entering, the simple storefront transitions into a warm contemporary environment. The restaurant was awarded 31/2 stars out of 4 by the Kansas City Star. A full bar & menu of teriyaki, grilled salmon, noodles, tempura, bento boxes & sushi is offered for lunch & dinner. If you are craving either fresh sushi with premium sake, or a great steak & cold beer, you won't be disappointed. Take-out offered daily. Three private rooms, each seating 6, are available for business or social events. The restaurant offers free WI-FI high-speed Internet access for those important business experiences.
Burnsville, Minnesota
“I tried it and liked it”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I am not a big sushi fan so when some friends suggested I join them for supper after a day long meeting, I said why not? I eat sushi, but not as a meal and not very often. Wasabi is too hot for me and soy too salty so I do not partake as one should. However, tonight was a good night and a good meal and good company. One thing that I know is that there are too many menu items to choose from and because I was not sure of what I was getting, the selection process was even more difficult. We started out with a couple of bowls of edamame as appetizers which are boiled and salted soy beans. They were pretty good and they disappeared quickly. Four of us had the Crazy Lobster Roll which is lobster tempura, cream cheese, and radish sprouts wrapped in soy paper (no seaweed) with spicy mayo and sriracha chili sauce served warm. I added a Tropical Roll to my order and while it was served cold, I found it to be a delightful mix of Tuna, Salmon, Mango, Avocado, Smelt Roe, & Spicy Mayo Wrapped in Soy Paper (8pc.). While time prevents me from writing what else we each had, suffice to say it was very good.

Johnny was our waiter and he was very accommodating of our special billing needs. There were six of us, with four being on a business expense and two wives who were along for the trip were not. Johnny split all the checks and got our requests right concerning how we wanted things billed out. Checks were in order and came on time.

We chose to sit at a table forgoing the more traditional low table and floor sitting behind sliding glass doors. However, upon closer inspection one would actually be sitting on cushions with feet hanging in a hole in a floor. That would have been fine for me but I am not real agile any longer and getting up and down might have been a problem. Plus, others did not wish to remove their shoes which was a requirement.

I would definitely come back another time should I be in the area.

• Visited March 2014

Overland Park, Kansas
“Good sushi but a little expensive”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Restaurant has good atmosphere. The food is good just like most Japanese restaurants in town. It is however on the expensive side. If you want to pay for the atmosphere and still have good food. It is a good choice. The restaurant is in the more expensive Leawood neighborhood.

• Visited March 2014
Park City, Utah
“my favorite KC area restaurant”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I come to the Overland Park/Leawood area a couple of times a year, and always make it a point to come to Sushi House. the service is nothing but stellar. the sushi is way above average. they are creative, and always willing to please. I consider myself a sushi aficionado & this place tops my choices when I travel.
rather than ordering individual rolls this time, i ordered the Sushi Momigi plate: a tuna roll (boring) combined with 9 pieces of nigiri (all delicious) and either a miso soup or garden salad. I chose the salad and the ginger dressing was divine!

• Visited December 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Decent sushi”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The sushi here is good. Creative rolls are available. Ambience is good if not busy but if crowded then you can easily feel cramped and uncomfortable.

• Visited September 2013
“An all time favorite!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Sushi house is an all time favorite restaurant. A local favorite! Amazing choices in menu. My favorite is the lobster roll. Try the lunch special bento as well. A sushi lovers paradise.

• Visited August 2013