“Great BBQ”

Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good meats, kid friendly, decent prices. You stand in line (that was out the door anytime I happened to be driving by). It's worth the time. It went quickly.

Took a bunch of high-schoolers here. Had good feedback on Z-man sandwich and the fries. I had brisket burnt end which were tender and very flavorful - great smokiness. I absolutely loved their red beans and rice; putting bits of smoked meat in them made these the best I've eaten. Slaw was good, but a bit on the spicy side for me, but it was a huge hit with others in my group.

I ordered pulled pork, sausage, and those fabulous beans to take home on the plane. The staff had them ready for flight - tightly wrapped and packaged up for optimal transportation. TSA inspected my bag - glad they didn't take my Oklahoma Joe's!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great Bar-B-Que!! The original started in a gas station, however this location is not. The food is awesome, a must try is the "Z" man sandwich - you will not be disappointed and an order of fries is certainly big enough to share! They are also known for their ribs which are extremely mouth watering. Burnt ends are only available on certain days, as they have to slowly get smoked and it takes time - duh! Enjoy!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really good, consistent barbecue and a varied menu - hard to beat for what's essentially a 'fast-food' service restaurant. (though you might stand in line for a long time if you hit the rush-hour dinner and lunch lines)

Try the ribs or pulled pork - you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

A bit of a wait of approx. 30 minutes, but we knew that going in, so no big deal. The ribs were great. Nice smoke flavor with that red ring you want to see. No sauce which is how I prefer. The smoked chicken gumbo was excellent, as was the red beans and rice. The Z man sandwich was a bit of a disappointment. Not enough brisket, in my opinion. Only one choice for sauce, which really was just average. They definitely need more choices for sauce. The staff were very friendly. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I love this place. It's a simple place with good food and friendly staff. There's a side door for ordering and picking up carry out. I love all their food, the bbq is just the best. Be prepared for a lot of meat but then why else would you want to go to a BBQ place? Prices are very reasonable and food is just delicious.