“Great Farm to Table Restaurant”
Review of Rye

Rye
Reserve with OpenTable
Rye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Leawood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawrence, Kansas
“Great Farm to Table Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have had the fortune to eat at Rye, now twice. The food is so wonderful, and I love the decor. Recently, I gained a whole other level of respect for the restaurant. I am planning my father's birthday party there, and I have been so impressed by the staff in the planning of this. I talked to several other restaurants in the area, and none of them have expressed such a willingness to accommodate diets or express positive energy toward my event. I am very excited about the party, and I would tell everyone to eat at Rye.

Kansas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to Rye on a Thursday evening. I had placed a reservation via Open Table and only earlier times were available. By the time we left around 6:30 the place was really filling up.
We had an excellent server (maybe Justin was his name?) and he answered any questions we had. They have a good wine and beer selection. I had the smaller pork chop entree which was so delicious and my husband had the ribs. He is pretty picky, but he liked them. There was a small side of mac and cheese which was delicious and my potatoes were really good. We didn't have dessert; we thought it odd they didn't have a berry pie to offer? Our server said they were about to offer one - so maybe we need to try back. There were a couple of big parties there, which they seemed comfortable accommodating. I liked that it was pretty casual, although I would not wear flip-flops there! Great food and service, but also not cheap - although not unreasonable, but be prepared! I'd like to try the patio - but I imagine it's not that great until the construction right next door is complete - what a mess!

Kansas City
“Yum!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wasn't too keen on dining at Rye the other night. But, everyone else in the group of 8 seemed sold on the idea, so that's where we went. Wow, was I surprised! There were lots of items on the menu that appealed to me. I chose the spiced shrimp and a salad and it was delish! I grabbed a bite of my husband's salmon and it was tasty, too. My daughter and her bud said that the grits were indeed good to the last bite. No one ordered the fried chicken--one of their signature items--but, it sure looked good! The only downside to the evening was that the service was a tad on a slow side.

Prairie Village, Kansas
“OK, but I don't understand the rave reviews”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The menu seemed a little odd, the food choices seemed a little odd (who chunks up fried chicken into unrecognizable pieces?), the choices of accompaniments a little odd. The food was ok, a little pricey. Maybe I should have ordered a steak. Lots of people love this place. We may try it again. Perhaps we just got an off night.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BruceandCathy2014
Olathe, Kansas
“unbelievably great chicken - very fresh veg”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First time there and I thought the menu was excellent - lots of local veg and meat products, chicken and mashed potatoes were superb. Best I have had in KC so far. Others had salmon and a huge pork chop - all smiling faces. The wine list is very nice and the prices reasonable for a restaurant. Only ding is the noise level - go for table 10 or 12 which is on the perimeter - in the middle of the restaurant it is very difficult to talk across the table because of background noise. Service was excellent.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Rye? Share your experiences!