“Cockroaches”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Ripley, West Virginia
“Cockroaches”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The place clean and nice
but they do have roaches so be careful when you pack to leave that they don't leave with you. And thing, they mentioned when I first checked in the my rates would not change and the short time I was there, which was 3wks, they went up on me $10.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about rates going up without warning and bugs
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Grace T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harlingen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at Value Place in Lenexa Ks last year and also this year.
It is always very clean and the staff is great. Everyone is so friendly
and just make you feel at home. Our experience here was Great.
Couldn't ask for anything any better.

Room Tip: We were able to get a room by calling ahead which was great. When we got here our room was ready an...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Miami
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I recently stayed here from the end of May to the middle of June of 2012 and it was a wonderful stay. The staff made us feel like we were at home. We had a problem with our first room and had no problem at all getting moved. They are so sweet! I havent met any staffers that will shake yoir hand and introduce themselves as if you are a guest in their home. They made our stay so amazing that we cant wait to go back. The rooms were very clean. The only problem is the beds are not the most comfortable. I do love Value Place hotels because of their security. The prices are great and the hotel itself is just right. I recommend this hotel to anyone headed to Lenexa or Olathe, Kansas for at least a week stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Meggan M
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Stayed here for 18 months. Clean, reasonable rates, no lease. Good staff.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Keeptheroadhot
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I needed a place for a week while intown on business. I found Value Place to be perfect for my needs. They don't have extra ammenities like a pool or weight room but I neve use those things anyway. The property and my room were very clean and I save a bunch of money. Only $189 for 7 nights!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank dmartin0912
Midwest USA
Reviewed 4 April 2009

This is a brand new facility. The desk hours are limited, so checking in or renewing for another week present a challenge outside 8 - 5 hours. I was quite surprised by having to pay a security deposit and take an "inventory" of the room. The room is basic. Mattress on plywood, side chair that isn't very sturdy, table and two kitchen chairs, etc. There is a cooktop, microwave and fridge, but don't plan on using it unless you bring your own cooking utensils and dishes. You can buy/rent theirs for significant $$$'s (or just to go Target down the street). I completely agree with the concept of paying for only what you need, but this is a little too "basic". The building is new, so the bathroom is nice and the TV was new. The building is secure and in a fairly quiet location (my room was NOT on the highway side of the building, so I can't speak how quiet it is on the other side). The price is reasonable, but you really only get a place to sleep. The side chair is not something you want to sit on and watch a two hour movie. Overall, I can say it was ok and the building was new.

Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
6 Thank likemindedtraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City

Been to WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa? Share your experiences!