“GREAT PRICE AWESOME HOUSEKEEPERS BUT HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT”

Motel 6 Kansas City Southwest Lenexa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“GREAT PRICE AWESOME HOUSEKEEPERS BUT HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at several motel 6's all over the United States. I stayed at the one in Anaheim this past August and that was wonderful, I have stayed at the one in Lenexa Kansas before and never had any issues. I recently stayed there in the last two weeks, I spoke to a manager by the name of Michael over the phone prior to arriving. He had a very rude attitude with me, when I arrived he was very unprofessional and had bad odor. He raised his voice, he was clearly understaffed because there was NO coffee and it was 9am. He placed me in a room which was immaculately clean (thank you housekeepers). I was quoted one price and when I arrived the price changed, however Michael wouldn't honor his word even though he made a reservation for me. The parking is spacious, housekeepers are very nice and do a great job cleaning as well. I would give this a 1 out of 5 rating because management needs to get it together.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 30 December 2012

In the Southwest section of the Kansas City metro, this is the bargain place to stay. It seems better kept than it used to be under recent new management and it's clean. Only stand up showers so don't expect a tub. I paid for internet access which worked quite well. Plenty of restaurants fairly close and just off I-35 on an outer road.

Room Tip: Choose a room toward the back to minimize traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The people in lenexa.. are asking for surveys now at this motel 6.. and they seem to care more aka.. many of the people are nice.. a lot of people are living here on a permanent basis so if that throws you off.. there are "other" places (check-in time for their normal night person is 5:30 a.m.)

Having also stayed again at blue springs, mo.. that one still sucks, nasty people.. airport also still sucks.. in fact this is the nicest of the 3.. in terms of people (price is blue springs)

Only complaint I have here is.. I was given room 140 in a previous visit.. I immediately went to the room and smelled smoke/toxins.. I went back and got transferred to a better room.. I came back another visit and was given 140 again.. maybe it "smelled" a little better.. but likely not.. that's my only complaint which I will mention on my motel 6.. "survey"

Room Tip: I like the first floor parking lot rooms myself.. easy in, easy out..
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 September 2012

It was clean, it was quiet and the staff was friendly. We travel for weeks at a time and I will stay there again. Bath rooms look to be remodeled in the recent past. Only real drawback is if you want to access the internet you have to pay for access!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2012

the people are very nice,it was very quiet the staff was great the rooms were ok i would stay there again the manager was helpful

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at 3 out of the 5 motel 6's in kansas city and there all just bad or nasty.. I don't know if it's the people or what..

I checked in today on 04/11 and after I got in my room.. the heater didn't work.. I tried to make do.. but just couldn't so I asked for a room swap.. and the nearest one (next door) had a microwave and they wanted to charge me $3 for it.. their customer service was rude etc.

I honestly, don't understand.. cause I've stayed at this one before.. and I recall it was fine last time.. I have stayed at this motel 6.. the north airport one (pretty bad!) and the one KANSAS CITY EAST - BLUE SPRINGS and I have not had good luck with the people or places..

I have stayed in motel 6's in vegas, all over california, arizona, florda, jersey etc. etc. and I stay at them for several reasons they let you check-in at 6 a.m. they are easy to get in and out of.. but these ones in kansas city are just not good.. not nice people.. I do not recommend.. (there are excellent motel6's in texas and some other areas like buffalo, ny)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This motel did exactly what I needed. It had all the "basics" for what I needed for a week and it didn't break my budget, The weekly rate is a terrific deal. The room was clean and had a microwave and micro-fridge. You need to call ahead and make sure you get one of the room that have these. The round shower was interesting but it did the job.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West

Been to Motel 6 Kansas City Southwest Lenexa? Share your experiences!