“Overwhelming Perfumed smell in room.”

Motel 6 Kansas City Southwest Lenexa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Lenexa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Overwhelming Perfumed smell in room.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed in this motel for one night for a few years. It has always served the purpose of an over-night stay This year I checked into my first room It have a very strong cover-up perfumed smell. The air conditioner did not work in the first room so the desk very kindly moved me. The second room REEKS of yet a different perfume odor. I thought it may dissipate as time passed, It has not. I am not usually very sensitive to things like that, but the smell is strong enough to give you a headache. Can't be healthy!
Room was simple, bathroom worn, appears clean, but found a false fingernail on the bed cover.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is surely no four star but if you are on a budget and need to stay in this area of town, this is a decent place. I have stayed here numerous times over the past 10 years and the place actually seems better maintained and managed than it was a few years ago. This is the old exterior entrance two story design and has plenty ample parking. I have always found the place to be reasonably clean. There is a laundry on site as well as a outdoor pool (in season), Wi-Fi is an additional $2.99 and works well. There are numerous restaurants fairly close, particularly on 95th Street.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
KS
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here with my family on Halloween. Very convient location & even though its close to the highway, you can't hear the road. Room was clean & in good condition. It was cold when we first got there, but once we got the heater turned on, it warmed up quick. The only downside to staying here is if you need wifi, you have to pay $10.99 to get access to it. Helpful hint, if you leave the motel around 7:15 am & get on the highway, you will be in a traffic jam, so leave early.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I know Motel 6's are for known for low frills but most are basic, clean, and great for one night stays. This one is not. The room reeked of smoke, there was hair on the pillow, the floors looked stained or wet. The office also did not answer when I called to complain about the party outside of my room at 2:30 am.

Was it inexpensive? Yes, but not worth the smell and lack of sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from the rooms that have the walkways. Since it is a non smoking hotel ever...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at several motel 6's all over the United States. I stayed at the one in Anaheim this past August and that was wonderful, I have stayed at the one in Lenexa Kansas before and never had any issues. I recently stayed there in the last two weeks, I spoke to a manager by the name of Michael over the phone prior to arriving. He had a very rude attitude with me, when I arrived he was very unprofessional and had bad odor. He raised his voice, he was clearly understaffed because there was NO coffee and it was 9am. He placed me in a room which was immaculately clean (thank you housekeepers). I was quoted one price and when I arrived the price changed, however Michael wouldn't honor his word even though he made a reservation for me. The parking is spacious, housekeepers are very nice and do a great job cleaning as well. I would give this a 1 out of 5 rating because management needs to get it together.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 30 December 2012

In the Southwest section of the Kansas City metro, this is the bargain place to stay. It seems better kept than it used to be under recent new management and it's clean. Only stand up showers so don't expect a tub. I paid for internet access which worked quite well. Plenty of restaurants fairly close and just off I-35 on an outer road.

Room Tip: Choose a room toward the back to minimize traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The people in lenexa.. are asking for surveys now at this motel 6.. and they seem to care more aka.. many of the people are nice.. a lot of people are living here on a permanent basis so if that throws you off.. there are "other" places (check-in time for their normal night person is 5:30 a.m.)

Having also stayed again at blue springs, mo.. that one still sucks, nasty people.. airport also still sucks.. in fact this is the nicest of the 3.. in terms of people (price is blue springs)

Only complaint I have here is.. I was given room 140 in a previous visit.. I immediately went to the room and smelled smoke/toxins.. I went back and got transferred to a better room.. I came back another visit and was given 140 again.. maybe it "smelled" a little better.. but likely not.. that's my only complaint which I will mention on my motel 6.. "survey"

Room Tip: I like the first floor parking lot rooms myself.. easy in, easy out..
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
No photo provided
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park

Been to Motel 6 Kansas City Southwest Lenexa? Share your experiences!