The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked through a discount service so I was able to get a great rate for a very nice hotel. This is the first time I've stayed in the hotel, but I would probably stay again. The rooms where nice, a little out of date. Very clean and comfortable. Some great ammenities for the kids.

I was not impressed with their food for the price, parking was terrible because they had a wedding or something going on in one of their convention rooms. Finding our room was also a trip, I didn't care for the layout or directions on how to find the room.

If your looking solely for a room to stay and let the kids play, this is probably the place. Just get their early!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
jkalbert, Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear iowafreak:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments outlining your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel KC-OP. I was happy to hear that you felt that our hotel was very clean, rooms were nice and that we had great amenities for the kids. I am very proud and fortunate to have a such a great housekeeping staff at our hotel. As I read further you mentioned that you were not happy with the food and the parking issues that you encountered during your stay., I want to apologize for the inconveniece that you encountered. I wil send you a private note to hopefully receive more direct comments on how the food was not acceptable., This will ensure that I can get to the bottom of your comments. As far as the parking, I agree. I can assure you that we will not have that size of an event in our hotel during our peak weekends. Again thanks for taking the time to give us your comments on your stay. We wish you the best in all your travels.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with kids. The hotel was in great shape, reasonably priced, and everyone was friendly. Very close the American Girl store and not too far from Kansas City, MO. The pool was big enough and the kids had a blast. Plenty of room for our group to hang out in the atrium and watch March Madness while enjoying our dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
jkalbert, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear jroed:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It really helps us to know our emphasis on customer service is coming through in a positive way. I look forward to your next visit to our area. Please don't hestate to stop by and say hi while you are here.

Safe Travels!!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is in a good location; near the freeway, not far from great places to eat and shop.
Hotel personnel were very cheerful and helpful in all matters. The room was very clean and the beds - sleep comfort- were the best we have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.
Also liked the indoor pool!
I had forgotten an item, returned the following day and was able to retrieve it without any difficulty.
Will definitely stay there again should we need to be in the state of Kansas for any overnights.

Room Tip: Just make a request, they will do their best to accomodate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear delectible:

Wow, thank you for letting us know how pleased you were during your stay. I will look forward to sharing these comments with those departments that are involved. This is a great moral booster for those that work hard to please our guests. Thanks again so much.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was in town for a weekend conference and was bemused by this hotel. The room itself was nothing to rave over, but it was clean and neat. The beds are Sleep Number, which is pretty much a glorified air mattress, but it was sufficient for my needs. There are quite a few cons however:
-the front desk check in was quick, but I never received a greeting, or even a smile. The receptionist simply checked me in and gave me my key. No words were ever spoken. Very odd.
-I spent 10 minutes trying to find my room...the hotel itself is designed extremely poorly, with random hallways running all over the place. Even the signs were incorrect.
-The pool is located in the lobby area, so noise can be a huge issue when 20 teenagers are yelling and screaming, and your room faces towards the pool itself.
-breakfast was disgusting. The restaurant staff looked bored and displayed no hospitality. My oatmeal was simply the packet kind with an abundance of extra water flowing over my bowl. Gross.

Room Tip: Be sure to pick a outside facing room to avoid pool and lobby noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bluestarfish18
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear bluestarfish18,

Although you gave us a high star rating, You had some concerns. I wanted to address those for you. I apologize that you were not properly greeted at the front desk. That is as you say "Odd".
Next time if you have trouble finding your room just let us know we would be happy to assist.
Also if you are closer to the pool than you would like to be, we can move you to another room. Just let us know. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the oatmeal. We do serve a full breakfast and could have made you something more to your liking. I do hope you stay again with us for a future visit. You loyalty is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 February 2012

This property is clean and comfortable, the only thing it lacks is an upgrade. The rooms are outdated. The property and the rooms are clean, the staff is fantastic and the location is right off of I-35. .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank leastewart68

Dear leastewart68:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments from your recent stay. I appreciate you letting me know how well the staff made your stay enjoyable. I am very lucky to have such a great talented staff that believes in customer service. As far as updated comments, we have made many new upgrades to the hotel and we are anticipating and planning some new great looks coming this year. If I can be of further service please do not hesitate to let me know. Where ever you travel, please be safe.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

The hotel is easy to find right off US 35 in Lenexa, just slightly north of Overland Park. The hotel has been refurbished, with a welcoming front desk not far from the pool area. The rooms have new furnishing, as well as excellent mattresses*Sleep Number beds). We had three rooms at the hotel, celebrating a delayed Christtmas with our grankids, who enjoyed the pools(the hot tub pool is wonderful) that were clean and well maintained. The employees were really helpful and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Kat, our front desk clerk! The bartender Angie was also very helpful and gracious.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area. Because it will be along the inside of the building, you will n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank The_Duluth_Kids

Dear The_Duluth_Kids:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City-Overland Park. We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and it's greatly appreciated when our guests let us know that we made a difference in the stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I must commend Kat and Angela for their wonderful professionalism and courtesy shown to me during my two days at the hotel. They were friendly, engaging and responsive to my every question. Both are to be highly commended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike R
jkalbert, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Mr. Mike R:

You are absolutely right. They are terrific at Customer Service. We at the Crowne Plaza Hotel focus daily on what we can do to make each guest have an enjoyable stay. One thing we truly believe in is interaction with our guest through direct contact and keeping upbeat. We are very fortunate to have a great staff that really cares about taking care of our guests. If there is anything that we can do for oyu on your next trip to Kansas City, please dont hesitate to call.

Best,

Jerry Albert

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
3 mi away
SpringHill Suites Kansas City Lenexa/City Center
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa

Been to The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park? Share your experiences!