“Excellent stay!!”

The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Everything was awesome from check-in to check-out. The rooms were clean & comfy, the staff was super. The walls were a bit thin & you could hear the people in the next room like they were in our room. Besides that, everything was terrific & I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Tburns01
James F, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Tburns01,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! We appreciate the time you took to review the Crowne Plaza, Kansas City-Overland Park and are very happy to hear that you had a great stay. I will pass your review along to all of our staff here and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

James Fulton,
IHG Brand Champion

There are newer reviews for The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I can not say enough good things about the Crowne Plaza! The staff is outstanding, the room is quite comfortable, and the amenities are just downright awesome! The staff goes out of their way to make sure the guests are happy! If you need anything, all you have to do is contact the front desk, and no matter what time of day or night, they will always make sure they get it to you!! I will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I pass through!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jimmy F

Dear maverick5278,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. I am so happy the staff did everything they could to make you feel welcome, and I will definitely pass this review along to our staff. I am very proud of the staff we have here and I look forward to sharing your thoughts with the rest of the managment staff here. We look forward to your next visit!

Safe travels,

James Fulton,
IHG Brand Champion

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve. The hotel hosts a party and offers rooms as part of a package deal.

I loved, loved ringing 2013 in at the Crowne Plaza. It wasn't so great this year, but most of hotel's negatives in 2014 are related to the party itself and not the hotel.

The hotel itself is off of Interstate 35. It's a straight shot to almost anywhere in the Kansas City metro. Out-of-towners will have a fairly easy time navigating from this location, and there's plenty nearby to entertain, including a shopping mall and several restaurants.

We had a room on the fourth floor, which is supposed to be a quiet floor. Our room had a small balcony that opened into the center of this dome-type hotel. I could hear the revelry from the hotel's center very easily from my room. It was New Year's Eve, so I'm sure it was louder than normal, but even on less festive dates, I imagine the indoor pool and rec area can be heard early in the morning.

The hotel features Sleep Number beds. They're not for me. I won't review those mattresses, but I think my discomfort was directly related to the mattress.

The room itself was very clean, though the bathroom showed its age. Some of the wallpaper in the bathroom was bubbling and peeling at the seems.

For the most part, the staff seemed indifferent to the guests. That could be due to the date and special occasion, however.

Now about that party: The hotel offered two parties, an adult NYE party and a family or kid's party. The adult party was a lot like being in a bar that neighbored Romper Room. We attended the adult party, but because the bar opened up into the kid party, we really attended both. The kid party looked like a blast, but that's not the atmosphere we were seeking.

The adult party in NYE 2013, featured a d.j., dancing, and a lovely dinner. It was in the ballroom, far from the family party. This year, I guess they just decided to open the bar near the recreation section of the hotel. Last year's party, I'd do again in a heartbeat. 2014's? Probably not.

I would probably recommend this hotel to those passing through the Kansas City area. It's nice enough and in a great location. I don't know that I'll use it again, however. The party didn't meet my expectations, and as I live nearby, it is unlikely I will have a use for a room there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that open to the recreation center. Too loud.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jerry A, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Danedri:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your thoughts on New Years Eve.

After the last two years of NYE festivities for the adults, we chose this year to tone it down due to issues that we encountered during the events. I apologize that you did not enjoy our event this year but we are reconsidering something different for 2014. I can assure you that I will share your comments with our staff and determine a different plan for 2014.

I will also counsel with my Maintenance Engineer and discuss the issue you encountered with the wallpaper in your room.

Again, thanks Danedri for your comments and I hope that you will accept our apologies.

Regards,

Jerry
GM

Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed at!! The staff makes you feel extremely welcome all the time!! I will definitely stay here again!! The breakfast was great! They are close to shopping, restaurants, and not too far from downtown and the Plaza!!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Proudguy76:

Thank you for your kind comments that you have shared from your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Overland Park.

I too am proud of such a great staff that we have here. They are very committed to making sure every guests has a great experience at the hotel. I look forward to sharing these comments to our staff.

Safe Travel and wish you a great 2014!!!

Jerry
GM

Reviewed 2 December 2013

When my Father died, we had varying numbers of family members coming in and out, and no close family living in the metro area any more. Crowne Plaza became a "home away from home" for our extended family. The staff could not have been more helpful to all of us. The accommodations worked out superbly. We will always appreciate the treatment we received during a high-stress time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
jkalbert, Front Office Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Robert C,

We are so glad you and your family members were able to call the Crowne Plaza your "home away from home" during that very stressful time. If there is anything we can ever do in the furture please don't hestitate to let us know.

Brian Meader
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night. We won a gift certificate at a silent auction. We did the Arrowhead stadium tour. Checked in around 9:30pm. Went up to our room it was clean, but chilly so I turned the heat up?? My husband got into bed a he realized it was a sleep number bed. He deflated the bed then the battery died in the control. We went down stairs to get a candy bar and a new battery. That battery was dead too. I went back down to the desk they said they would call security to bring up a new one, 20 minutes passed nothing... Called down to the desk, they will call security to see what the hold up it. 30 minutes later a knock at the door. Got the bed inflated again, tried to fall asleep but sleep number beds suck!!! Room was clean, hotel clean, good water pressure good. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beckykcfan,

Thanks for the review on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza. We are pleased to hear that you will stay with us again in the future. It is always great to hear when guest think our hotel is a nice place to stay while in Kansas CIty or Overland Park.

Brian Meader
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in Nov. 2013.

Pros:

- Good location - close to interstate
- Breakfast was very good
- Onsite dining - it was also very good
- clean rooms
- good water pressure

Cons:

- Internet - in order to get connected, you had to watch a video/advertisement - it was a short video but it was still annoying
- no major perks for Platinum members (was told Thank you and given a bottle of water)
- extremely odd layout - to get to my room I had to go through 2 doors. (sort of felt like a Navy ship). :)
- overall service / friendliness wasn't as great as other CP's

All in all, I would stay here again because CP is my favorite brand and I am loyal to IHG. But I have stayed in much worse CP's and several that are much nicer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear majones7,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the layout of our hotel. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park? Share your experiences!