“Very nice for the price.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lenexa
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Very nice for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were in town for a 5K run so we were looking for a nice hotel that we could relax and be close to other activities. This hotel provided just that. Our room was very nice and very comfortable. The pool and Jacuzzi were nice after our run. I like that they had a small lounge that we could get an after dinner drink. All of the staff that we encountered were very nice and helpful. There was plenty of restaurants and an awesome mall for shopping close by. Overall for the price it was very nice.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road which had a little highway noise. But wasn't to bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank momdawg
Tim R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words we were happy to see that our location and hospitality met with your needs. We look forward to having you with us again
Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night but enjoyed my stay. This hotel used to be a Holidome before it was a Crowne Plaza. The room had a sleep number bed which was comfortable and the hot tub was excellent! Work out room had great equipment. Staff at front desk was awesome. Would stay here again!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James7979
Tim R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for choosing us and kind comments about our staff we have noted the issues and have pulled the room out of our inventory for further inspection and address these concerns to correct them.
Thank you again with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I frequent this hotel when I'm in Kansas City on business. The hotel in its public areas are clean and inviting. The crew at the check inn desk were friendly and helpful as well. This visit I was in room 236 and the sleep number bed did not work, and there was a stain on the chair in the room. It appears it could have come out if cleaned so not sure why it was not addressed by the house keeping staff. I will be back as this was the only issues I have had with all my visits.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mogin1277
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feed back. We have addressed the concerns you brought to our attention. We can not thank you enough for your visit and we hope we do see you again.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well our 1st room was cancelled as smelled like smoke at diff hotel! Got another place but only had one night, they called ahead for us for next two nights but communication error between hotels. Homeless again, finally to your place. Should have stayed there in first place!

Room Tip: Thank you stay was short but sweet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank naturalke
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased we were able to offer some calm for what sounds like a hectic journey.
We do hope you will visit us again if your travels take you to Kansas City
Thank you!
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in room 824 on the back side of the hotel. I feel it is important share because this appears to be two different hotels , the front a seemingly nice Crown Plaza and the back a dated somewhat dilapidated Holiday Inn from the 80s, that have been joined together with an atrium/indoor pool/ restaurant area . When we arrived we were told to go around back and enter through entrance A or B. We found a parking space next to entrance a, so we decided to use that entrance. This decision would prove to be a big mistake when we got to the door we were wrangling our two children ,and we did not notice that the windows on the door were covered in cardboard as soon as we walked in we noticed water damaged mattresses leaning against the wall and a strong sent of mildew. We decided to go up stairs and investigate our room, rather than just running of screaming into the night, and were greeted with hanging wires , holes in the walls, and a stench of mildew. We discovered that we would not be able to reach our room from here because the end of the hall was blocked with black plastic sheeting. Once we got to the part of the building where our room was, just behind the plastic sheeting, the hall smelled as if someone had tried, and failed , to cover up the mildew smell with a mixture of Drakar and Axe body spray. Once we were in our room it was clean and comfortable, but it was very dated and there was still a faint mildew smell.
I almost forgot to mention that when my wife called the front desk they were unaware of the construction going on in the building. They thanked us for letting them know and said they wouldn't send any more guest through that door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike M
Tim R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Please accept our apology for your experience . Unfortunately we experienced some minor damage during a recent storm and we had a area that was under repair at the time of your stay. We regret the inconveinace you experienced please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel to discuss further.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

It's been almost 6 weeks since our stay, but I wanted to post a review to recognize the staff. I got this hotel via Priceline to get something nice and affordable since I was taking my mother with me on this short trip. The price was fair. I'm not keen on priceline when it's multiple people because they only guarantee a room with one bed. However, Ms. Pattina Wattree with the hotel took it upon herself to get us a room with two beds. She was also going to get us a complimentary rollaway if she couldn't find two beds for us. At the time, I believe the hotel was booked on doubles but sometimes people do cancel at the last minute. I really appreciate that.
The room itself turned out to be great. I had read about small bathrooms and doors that didn't close well, and although slightly awkward, it wasn't really a problem. The room size itself was great and the beds were very comfortable. We were on the first floor. The ice machine always worked which is great since I've been to a few where you couldn't get ice to save your life.
On the first night, we couldn't figure out how to work the shower. I turned it multiple ways and it felt loose so I didn't want to break it. I called to maintenance and they came and showed me that you had to pull it a certain way, and then it worked fine. They were very friendly about it and I acknowledged how dumb I was for not trying it that way to begin with. I never really heard any noise from outside or from the pool area except for once and it was still very early evening (before dark), so no problems there.
Honestly, the only quirk about this hotel is the location because you turn in from the highway one way but have to go out another to get back to the highway. But there are signs and once you figure it out, it was pretty painless. I'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Park around back. Less cars and it's not far to most rooms from the nearest rear entrance. I t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again!
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got this gem on priceline for $50/night. It was clean. Indoor pool and hot tub. Was crazy busy this weekend with baseball tournaments. Kids running everywhere. Walls are very thin. We could hear everything. Very odd location as far as entering and leaving. If they would update interior, could be a lot nicer. Felt like I was in a time warp. Early 80s, late 70s.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. The issues you have mentioned have been reviewed with our staff.
I want to thank you for staying with us and we will use your thoughts to help continue to improve our guest’s stays.
Best wishes,
Tim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park? Share your experiences!