First the caveat: I'm in the KC-area occasionally for seminars, workshops, etc. Most of my time is spent in a classroom (i.e. very little time in the hotel)... I only need a clean bed and hot shower, so my standards are pretty basic.
The good: The room felt relatively clean and smelled neutral. Seemed like new carpet in the room. There was a mini-fridge and microwave, but I wasn't in the room long enough to use either. Plenty of hot water in the shower. The property felt safe; door locks worked properly, lobby was staffed, parking lot was well lit (and I always feel a little safer when the room doors are on the inside vs the doors-on-the-outside motels). Breakfast was simple but adequate: self-serve waffle maker, fresh bananas, yogurt, and cold cereal. Location was awesome -- right off the I-35 expressway (and very close to I-435), but far enough off the exit ramp to provide quiet from the highway noise.
The not-so-good: The room was dark -- even with all the lights on, it just felt really dark. There was a hole in the ceiling with wires coming out of it right above the bed (room 108)... like there was supposed to be a smoke detector there or something. A couple cigarette burns in the chair were notable. Most annoying to me was the complete absence of an electrical outlet by the night stand. The only outlet near the bed was directly behind the bed, under the headboard. (It drives me nuts when hotels don't have extra outlets near the nightstand!) Similarly, the outlets near the desk were low on the wall behind the desk. I hate it when I have to move furniture away from the wall and/or unplug lamps to plug in my phone charger, etc. The mattress was very, very firm, and the pillows were hospital-grade (they suck).
All-in-all, I rate the room average for the price. I'll stay here again (in fact, I've already got future reservations made for future conferences, etc.). In a nut-shell, it's a reasonably clean, safe place to crash for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Super 8 is conveniently located from I-35 exit 224 and I-435. An indoor mall, variety of restaurants, fast food places and gas stations are in walking distance. An Overlook Regional Hospital is within a mile and downtown is less than 12 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Lenexa Overland Park Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel Lenexa/Overland Park Hotel Lenexa
- Super 8 Lenexa Overland Park Area Kansas
- Super Eight Lenexa
- Lenexa Super 8
- Lenexa Super Eight