“Good rooms, breakfast not so...”

Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lenexa
Reviewed 14 July 2013

OK hotel whit nice rooms. The breakfast to us European was not so good (alot of fat) :-)
Staid here during business trip and would stay here again. The personal was very helpful the little I came in contact with them.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Good location. Very clean. Rooms are quiet. Excellent mattresses. Front desk people are helpful, cooperative and go the extra mile. I will be staying there whenever I am going to Overland Park/Lenexa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice. The first time was about the same as this times stay. We checked in. The lady up front was quiet and acted like she didn't want to talk to us. The hallway to our room was dirty and needed swept. The bed and pillows were comfortable. We went to the pool. It was dim and seemed dirty. The next morning I looked at the bed we didn't sleep in and there was a crusty substance on the conforter. I went down to front desk. The lady was very nice and handed me a new comforter and I put it on. This time we stayed they had done remodeling in the kitchen area. Looks very nice! The vending machines however were filthy and they never cleaned off the top of the breakfast area trash can. Breakfast was good. Our room - the foor creaked and felt like it had a loose dent and felt wobbly in the entrance, the floor under the sink hadn't been swept, the towel shelf was loose and crooked and the wall by the tub is obviously not set right. The fridge still had crumbs from the last ppl. Our bed wss clean thid time. The mirror in the hallway looked like someone spit on it when we checked in Tuesday night and was still there Thursday morning. Halkway was dirty. The staff was very nice like usual other than that one lady. I won't be staying here again. I gave it a second chance but this place was still a filthy mess.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had just checked out of a very bad experience to check into the most wonderful stay at the Lenexa, KS Comfort Inn. The owner let us view 2 rooms so we could be assured we were getting what we wanted. The room was CLEAN, STYLISH, QUIET, and smelled WONDERFUL(All issues from our former night's stay in another hotel...). We will definately stay there again, and recommend it to our family who will also be staying in the area.

Room Tip: The suite was roomy and comfortable, fit our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This hotel was undergoing renovations on the main floor during my stay. The only concern this caused me was that it seemed like the cleaning crews had just given up on that floor. The glass fronts on the vending machines, for example, were not only dirty but covered with fingerprints as though they just stopped cleaning them. Even the chrome lids on the containers in the breakfast area had gross smudges. I understand a little construction dust, but the fingerprints and smudges everywhere made a very bad impression. The rest of the hotel seemed well kept and I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Other than the first floor I found everything to be typical of the Comfort chain which means that things were fine. The location is a positive as it is very accessible. After the remodeling is done it looks like the breakfast area will be larger than normal and very pleasant. The breakfast was fine in all respects with additional hot food items added to the typical Comfort fare. I agree with another reviewer regarding the bad Comfort coffee - don't understand why they don't think that is important. There are train tracks within earshot of the hotel and trains blow their horns as they pass by; I was awakened twice.

My guess is that this hotel will be fine when the remodeling is complete, and that will be soon. But there are a lot of choices and trains were annoying, so on my next visit I will try a hotel in a different area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here one night while in KC for a Chiefs game. The location is great - my wife walked to the Oak Park mall while my son and I drove about a half hour to Arrowhead for the game. Room was clean and recently redecorated. Breakfast was a bit sparse, but the price was right ($72 plus taxes), so we couldn't complain. For the price, it was a four star value. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife, our 10 month old baby, a friend, and myself shared a room at the 96th St Comfort Inn in September while doing our annual pilgrimage to the KC Renaissance Festival. For the price, this hotel can't be beat. The room was very clean and pretty spacious (we booked a 2 queens room). There was enough room for all of our stuff and plenty of room left to setup the pack-n-play for the baby. At least the 2 queens rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave in them which are both very handy when you have leftovers from California Pizza Kitchen.

Check-in was no issue at all, I think it took all of 2 minutes. I booked our room online and just had to run inside, show and ID, and pick up the keys. The lobby area is nicely decorated. We ate the free breakfast both mornings. One of the main reasons we normally stay at Comfort Inns is the breakfast. Almost all of them, including this one, have hot biscuits and gravy. There were also eggs, bagels, cereal, etc. They must get a lot of ren fest people there because no one batted an eye when we went to breakfast in full costume.

My only complaint is their coffee, it's not coffee, it's more like coffee flavored water. Even my wife thought the coffee was weak and she puts so much stuff in her coffee you can barely tell it started out as coffee. On the flip side though I have yet to ever stay at a hotel with decent coffee, so no hard feelings there.

As I said in the beginning, for that area, you can't beat the price. I lived in KC for several years. This hotel is located in the fairly nice (and safe) part of KC (it's a suburb referred to as Lenexa). There might be a few cheaper options but they're not going to be in as decent of a part of KC or as well kept as this one was.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenexa
La Quinta Inn Kansas City Lenexa
The Clarion Hotel Kansas City - Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Lenexa
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lenexa Kansas City? Share your experiences!