“From Ten To Eight”
Review of Liberal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liberal
Liberal Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Liberal
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed September 11, 2013 to September 18, 2013! Very convenient that they provided Airport Shuttle to and from! The people here very helpful, very friendly! However, the third day came back, there insect flies in bathroom sink area! Next day, Saturday morning, someone from maintenance came, killed both flies, did not think anymore of it until Sunday after come back from church! Again, flies in bathroom sink area!

Price of $66.00 plus tax night worth it! Breakfast coupons very helpful! Location great, right across from Dorothy And Toto House, also across from Taste Of China Restaurant! Was because of fly situation I bumped down from ten to eight ratings!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karyn C

Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was like arriving in 1975. So if you like red velvet, this is the place for you! I really enjoyed my stay here. It was very clean, friendly staff, and good amenities. The food was great! The room service was prompt! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sherrilsblue
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Eat drink and rest all under one roof. Fair pricing all the way. Free breakfast will get you started on your day. Very helpful front desk. Branding Iron Restaurant and Bar is great for an evening drink and Dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rclute
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Two ladies on reception welcomed me, gave me tokens for breakfast, discount for the evening meal at the restaurant, a map of the town, direction to my room and the key for my room.

As already described by previous contributors the hotel is a little weird – seems to be built inside out! The rooms are all off an internal corridor that skirts a lovely courtyard but the only window to my room faced onto the internal corridor.

My room was decorated in very heavy colours (mainly dark reds) so felt even darker but that said my room had everything – fridge, new tv, microwave, a wonderful large corner desk (with accessible socket).

Hotel has an indoor pool, a large courtyard with seating and has an excellent restaurant (home cooking).

Staff were friendly and helpful throughout my two night stay.

Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gluhwurm
Reviewed 11 May 2013

After reading the other reviews, it just goes to show you can't please everyone and everyones taste is different. It might not smell like a hospital but it's because they accomodate to smokers and people with pets as well.. also keep in mind that alot of the tenants here work in the oil fields which is why my husband and I are here a week at a time and when the guys get off, they don't smell the best! lol That's what I sometimes smell in the halls and they come in paks when off work. With all that going on, they work hard to keep it clean as possible. I see cleaning crew in halls most of the day, Ours room was very very clean, The decor is older but in great shape and hey... It's not your house so it's ok... Love the corner desk and the swivel chairs and table.. Bed was comfy. there is usually an extra pillow or 2 in the drawer and if not, simply ask and they will give you more... Loved the room service!!! Food was delivered promptly and curtiously. The room service menu is small but you can order anything off the main menu as well to be delivered to your room... All you have to do is ask :) The little menu in the room is just a breakdown from the larger menu for your conv. The hallways are odd but the reason is to keep you free of alot of the Kansas winds, lol I think they are great for that morning excersise walk and to create a great courtyard atmosphere. Love it out there. virtually wind free! The high speed internet was great... Never lost connection playing my poker or watching my netflix..Loved the Hot tub!! Was so so relaxing and very clean. I usually don't use the pools or hot tubs at most hotels but felt good about the cleanliness of this one. Bathrooms were extremely clean which is a plus with us! Staff in all areas were friendly and helpful! We look forward to coming back and I won't consider another hotel in this area as I felt very safe and comfy here! Thumbs up for Liberal Inn! Ya'll rock!! Andy and Cheryl Brockman of Medicine Park, Oklahoma.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cheryl b
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I travel to LIberal twice a month on business. I stay at the Liberal Inn hotel when I have to stay more than 2 nights in a row as the HIExpress can get expensive. The hotel is definitely outdated but clean. The restaurant The Brand Iron is definitely a very compelling reason to stay there, their food is simply tasty, warm and the service is courteous and fast. The service is excellent, the receptionists are very helpful and polite. The only downside of this place is the smell of smoke from adjacent rooms. Sometimes, the smoke smell comes out through the vents even in non-smoking rooms. This hotel is used mostly by male workers from around the area and you don't see many families staying there. You see lots of diesel trucks in the parking lot. However, I have never felt insecure about my surroundings and the safety of the place.

There was one incident in which a guest in a room next to mine came in with what appeared to be a prostitute, had loud sex for 20 minutes and left. I guess when a hotel is full of men, that will happen.

If you are a family or a woman traveling alone, look at either the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn first. If none of those are available, then the Liberal Inn is not a bad option but keep in mind the disadvantages of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank grahame7
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here. I didn't like it the first time but my hubby wanted to give it one more chance, as they take pets and have a pretty decent restaurant and good breakfast.
We changed rooms twice, both were yucky....smokey, mildew smells are everywhere. The carpet is gross and the whole motel reeks of some musty smell. The pillows are flat, like a smokey pancake.
We stuck it out for the night because we were tired and I didn't feel like finding another hotel.
Even our 9 year old boxer tried to run out the door after one sniff!!
We travel to Santa Fe, Nm a few times a year and Liberal is a good stopping place for us.
The Quailty inn, right down the road, looks nice and has a restaurant next door,,I do believe that is where we will stay the next time !!
Happy Trails !!!