“Charming Inn with a European Flair”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lindsborg
Swedish Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lindsborg
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A cute little inn in a quaint town. It has a European flair that really makes you feel that you have traveled to another country. The room rate includes a Swedish breakfast buffet and use of a sauna. There is a gift shop with Swedish products. The inn is located in the heart of Lindsborg so it is easy to explore on foot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherylp1922
There are newer reviews for Swedish Country Inn

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This place was very expensive for what you get. The TV was very small. The room was very small. The breakfast was really bad. Even though it did not end for over an hour most of it was gone and they did not put any more out. The only tasty thing out the breakfast was the meat balls even though I only got 2 little meat balls because like everything else it was mostly gone. There is nothing in the rooms for you. No coffee maker, iron, shampoo. You get soap but in a hand dispenser on the wall that made my skin dry. When we walked in to have breakfast the locals stared at us like we aliens. There is no AC and it was very hot in our room. They charged us $120.00 for the room and got a very bad experience. We were walking past the front desk we over heard someone else complaining about the hotel and the breakfast. I would never recommend this hotel to any one else and we will no stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Becky9297
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Swedish Country Inn is super clean with a very friendly staff. All rooms include a traditional Swedish breakfast in the cute dining room. This was a great rest-stop on a trip from Arkansas to Colorado. We'll be back, thanks!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a fireplace - ask for one of those!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kcdtucker
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had booked 2 nights last August to drop my younger daughter off at Bethany College. As we left Colorado heading east, we found out that we would need to stay just one night, and that was much better for us, because my older daughter and I had to continue on to drop her off in Florida for graduate school. I called the hotel and they refused to cancel my second night since their policy was a 24 hour cancellation notice. I was shocked, so when we arrived, I asked again and they were quite icy about the whole thing. They indicated to me that it was a busy weekend for them, so I said to them that it should be easy to sell my room for Saturday night. They told me to call later on Saturday. When I swung by the hotel Saturday afternoon, they told me that they hadn't been able to sell my room so the only thing they could offer was a certificate for a free room, but all the future dates that I requested were already not available. So, I took the certificate (the cost was over $100.00 a night), and we were not happy with their attitude and lack of customer service. It is their loss because we go to Lindsborg quite often since our daughter is a college athlete, and we will not stay there again. The room that we were put in was cute but tiny for 3 people, and the air conditioner worked very poorly with a room temperature that was never lower than 78 degrees. We were told that we could open the windows-we were on the street level and awakened by people in the street very early in the morning. The breakfast was sweet but overrated. So as I book two upcoming weekends in March at another hotel (and have already been to Lindsborg once since then), I decided to speak my mind here. Oh, since then, two other Bethany College parents have told us similar stories about their one-time experience with this hotel. It is just too bad because our initial taste of Lindsborg was not so pleasant.

Room Tip: It has a lot of charm BUT it is overrated. I don't know what to tell you because the owner (or m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank C H
Becky A, Owner at Swedish Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I really hate to read reviews such as this. There are a number of things that I would like to respond to. First, we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. As a small Inn of 19 rooms busy weekends fill up fast. Usually people call months in advance because we are a small hotel. We turn away many guests on this type of weekend. We understand how people's plans change. When they make a reservation with us we honor those reservations. We hope that our customers honor our policies as well. As an Inn our product to sell is overnight stays. Our 48 hour cancellation policy is always given at the time of reservation and is clearly stated on our website. Lindsborg is a wonderful community with outstanding hospitality. We try to extend this same hospitality to all of our guests as well. We would not have to offer a gift certificate when a room is cancelled late, but we thought it was the generous thing to do. I am sorry these people did not think it was.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay here twice while on a trip earlier this month. We stayed in the Stockholm room,which is their highest priced room in the hotel. The room has traditional wooden shutters, electric fireplace/heater and a canopy bed. We wanted something special and found the atmosphere very enjoyable. The staff was great to talk with and they took the time to interact with everyone. The complimentary breakfast was of traditional Swedish fare which might be a bit unusual for some but we enjoyed it. It was all part of the cultural experience you will find at the inn. We will come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were so excited about our stay here. The place is nice, and the lady at the desk was friendly. The following morning, when my husband went down for some juice, the guy had only half a glass made up, and it was time for breakfast to be open! Later we went down to eat, there were four small bins for hot food; only two had anything in them, one was meatballs, which were good, the other had a few hardboiled eggs. After we each took one, there was only one left, and he did not make any more, even though there were several couples eating after us. He did make up more juice, but it was not cold, even though they have an ice-maker. I ordered a waffle, then when someone after me ordered one, He said that he would have to make up more batter! There were only a few end slices bread, when more was requested, he had to first slice it. There was a swedish tea ring which was plenty, and also very good. My husband wanted some cold cerael, then, but the bowls were so tiny I can hardly see how it would hold both cerael and milk, so we just left. We would not go back here again, unless there was a promise of much better service.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 90joyful100
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I decided to spend the night in Lindsborg KS in an effort to get off I-70 and see a bit more of Kansas as I was on my way to Colorado.
The gentleman behind the counter was personable and kind enough to help me lug my heavy suitcases up the two flights of stairs (there is no elevator, which may be a problem for some) to my single room. (I had no help getting them back down)
The room had the strong scent of some sort of strawberry air freshener (not trying to be mean, but the smell was reminiscent of gas station bathroom freshener smell). It was a bit stuffy and I turned on the air conditioner, which was very loud (and that was a good thing, because the walls are very thin and you can easily hear folks in the room next to you as well as outside your door). Unfortunately when I got back to the room after dinner (a very good meal in a very plain restaurant -- a place called The Swedish Crown Restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised to find locally-sourced, grass-fed beef on the menu), the ac had not cooled the room off. The person at the desk told me the room often had problems with the AC and that it'd take too long to cool off another room for me (it was around 10 at night). He suggested I open the window. He also brought me (at my suggestion) a fan. The pillows were hard and smelled both dusty and like that strawberry air freshener. The open window allowed me to listen to the occasional 18 wheeler shifting down on the main thoroughfare outside. The room did not cool down until early morning. I was excited about breakfast after reading about the Swedish breakfast that comes with the room. The reality was that the Swedish rye bread was still in its original packaging from the local grocery store. The rolled ham was...just that, sliced ham from the grocery, rolled up. They didn't have any stewed apples the day I was there. The pastry offered looked as though it was from the same grocery store as the bread. The boiled egg was so over-cooked it was rubbery.
Feeling less than inspired at this point, I did not try the meatballs or waffles. The young woman in charge of breakfast was very pleasant and did go out of her way to prepare some special tea for me, which was kind. When I mentioned my challenges with the hot room and that it would have been nice to be told the room's ac may or may not work (and thus, choose another), the morning clerk told me "It's an old building" and did not offer any sort of discount. I've stayed in old hotels (a couple hundred years old) in Europe and was never offered that excuse when something went wrong. So -- you could do worse, but you could also do better, I suspect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Sabine F
Becky A, Owner at Swedish Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

I always hate to hear from our customers that there stay was not a pleasant experience. We try to always provide a relaxing, unique visit to the Inn. Yes, this is building is over a 100 years old, but we try to keep our accommodations up to date. Smell sensitivities are becoming more frequent for us. We try to use as many non scented products as possible. Our breakfast buffet is still one of the most complimented parts of a stay at our Inn. Our Swedish rye bread is from our local grocery store and is exceptional. Our beautiful Swedish tea rings are baked here at the Inn and again are often complimented. Our guests often comment that their stay here was so quiet and comfortable.
I am sorry that this person did not feel so. We will continue to try to provide a wonderful, unique experience for our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lindsborg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salina
#2 of 7 in McPherson
Hampton Inn Salina
Hampton Inn Salina
#5 of 31 in Salina

Been to Swedish Country Inn? Share your experiences!