“misleading name”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Junction City, Kansas
“misleading name”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I was expecting hibachi food like green tea or umi's, but this is NOT a japanese restaurant. They don't cook in front of you and have no sushi or japanese style options on the menu. Just pointing that out for people who want that type of food, and were confused by the name. This is more burgers and homestyle creole.

Do NOT order the popcorn shrimp appetizer. I was pleased to find this offered as I love popcorn shrimp, and had already eaten a few before I noticed the tails were still on them! Very irritating. I can understand when tails are left on large shrimps, but have never seen it on popcorn shrimp in restaurants before. Also, it was like $8.50 for a very small portion of it.

The red beans and rice my husband ordered was bland, even the piece of sausage that came with it on the side was completely tasteless.

The tables are all set very close together, which I didn't like. There is no privacy for conversations.

The one positive thing I can say is that this place has VERY fast service. Fastest I've had in a while anywhere, actually. We were served right after we ordered, had our drinks refilled as soon as they were low every time, and got the ticket fast and immediately taken away when we put our card down.

• Visited January 2013

Randolph, Kansas, United States
“Cajun done well”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Hibachi changed hands a few years ago and is now coming back into the spotlight as a great food destination. Their Cajun Bacon Shrimp is a favorite, and John's spicy shrimp is always good as well (I'm a wimp so I go with the butter sauce). Jambalaya still not quite as good as it was a few years back but they are getting there. Try the gaucho for a wonderful lunch experience! And their bread pudding with whiskey sauce is a nice ending to your meal.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Donna B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honestly Our BEST LUNCH EVER!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for just a little something for lunch. I grew up in Manhattan and dont ever remember eating there. The service was outstanding. We had a bowl of gumbo and spicy shrimp entree. It was the most flavorful and spicy shrimp I've ever experienced!!! Simply Fantastic

1 Thank tbuck13
Meade, Kansas
“In Aggieville”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Great salads. Nice place to eat at noon when visiting in Aggieville. Close to the Kansas State University. Food was served well and tasty.

Visited August 2012
Junction City, Kansas
“We love it”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Top 3 places in Aggieville to eat lunch/dinner. Food is always excellent, spices are wonderful and service is great.

Visited July 2012