“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Atlanta, GA
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Our initial reservation did not meet our expectations so I booked with Parkwood Inn & Suites literally on the spot. The hotel is brand new, the rooms are nicely furnished and the beds are extremely comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast, convenient location and helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! I had made reservations for a Saturday evening, we had a family medical emergency and therefore needed to cancel our reservation. I called at 4pm the day before to cancel and the manager wouldn't refund the cost of the hotel or even give us credit for another night because I was 60 minutes late in calling to cancel. The hotel was not even full on Saturday. The manager was rude and unprofessional. AAA even called to see if they would work with me on refund or credit, but the manager wouldn't.

• Stayed May 2011
10 Thank twr12
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My husband and I went to a K-State basketball game. We chose this hotel based on price and pictures online and it did not disappoint! The Temperpedic beds we sooo comfortable! The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I have been looking for a great hotel in Manhattan, Ks. I travel there 6-8 time per yr, and stay anywhere from a couple of days to a wk. This hotel is perfect clean easy to get to
from airport, and the staff from top to bottom is the best i have found. Would recommend to any one. First class

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The front desk attendant was pleasant when I checked in and the gentleman that handled the breakfast bar are about the only nice things about this hotel. This was my second time staying at this hotel in a 4 1/2 month time frame. They opened in early September. My first stay was okay but they had just opened and were working out the kinks. This stay however was terrible. The hotel is close to nothing and the train runs thru the night. It woke me up several times during the week. The beds are very comfortable, however I wonder about how clean they are. Only because they never cleaned my room. They would come in and make the bed, but they never cleaned the tub, the sink and counter or the floors. I noticed several times that if I left a hand towel laying on the counter, it was still there when I returned. If I wanted my trash emptied I had to put the cans at the entry door, otherwise the trash would just sit until I did. I had a hard time trying to get the temp right. It was either too hot or too cold, so I spent a lot of time getting up and down to adjust it. The man at the breakfast was super nice, but the breakfast was not the best, so I ended up getting something after I left. I just felt like they were only doing what they thought they had to do to get by. I will never stay there again and I would not recemmend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank Lea Anne C
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 19 October 2010

On the Saturday that I walked into the hotel lobby to book the room for a future date, the manager was in a heated discussion with a customer that was trying to check in. The customer was informed that they did NOT have a room. It was not pretty. Come to find out the hotel had cancelled their room by mistake. Their last name was very close to the name of the person that cancelled....and both rooms were cancelled. The manager was not apologetic at all.

Now to my situation. I booked the room for Saturday September 25th 2010. I then called the hotel on Sunday, September 19th and asked to cancel the room (6 days prior). I was told that there would be a $40 restocking fee. But instead I was charged for the room $183.23 on my master card.

I called the manager and she was very rude to me as well. I told her that I did not understand why I was charged for the room instead of the $40. She told me that they did not resale the room. I told her I did not understand that I would be charged for the room. She told me that was too bad if I did not understand it.....that is there policy. I asked her if she could do something for me....and she said NO. I asked her if she was interested in customer service and there would be more times I'd be in Manhattan.....and she said there were many people like me booking rooms in Manhattan that tried to get out of paying for a room.

I should never have booked a room at that hotel, when I witnessed such a scene at the time of booking. I will never book there again over the next 4 years that my daugher is in college at KState.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank KStateFan
Kirkwood, Missouri
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here for one night while visiting my brother at K-State. This hotel is brand spanking new, very clean and comfortable. The beds are memory foam, the tvs are flat screen and the wireless internet is easy and free. Compared to other hotels in Manhattan, this is your best bet for a clean, well-located (right off 17th and Fort Riley) and nice hotel. For restaurants, I'd recommend Little Apple Brewing Co and The Chef Cafe for breakfast - both are local places and had great food.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple