“great hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Iowa City
“great hotel!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Parkwood Inn & Suites is a little bit off the main drag but still easy to get to and not far from KSU. The staff were incredibly helpful. The room was very nice, the beds were very comfortable. They have DVD players with $1 movie rental in the lobby; there was also a good Vietnamese & Thai restaurant next door that was open until 10 p.m. on weeknights, for which we were grateful since we arrived rather late. Breakfast was adequate--the usual hotel breakfast fare.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jacki-Parkwood, General Manager at Parkwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your review and kind comments. We are happy that you took advantage of just a few of the amenities that we offer. Let me extend an invitation to return to us anytime you find you need a hotel in Manhattan. Please let us know if there is anything that we can ever do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The people who work there or disrespectful and rude. They don't know how to deal with customers properly. They don't care to pass information off to the manger and on top of that the manger doesn't care to respond back after calling and leaving your information. I will never stay their again. They completely messed up my stuff and instead of apologizing they just blame it on other people just like you can see the manger blaming booking online and giving someone's room away is the website fault not theirs. They shouldn't be in business with they way they handle things or customers. Very very rude and DO NOT CAR ABOUT THE GUESTS!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank izzybt3
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately when you posted this review and the week preceeding this review I was on vacation. I don't know of the incident that you are referring to. If you booked through on online company there are things that we can do with that reservation and things that we can not do. But because I don't know of the incident that you are referring to I do not have an explanation for what might have incurred. My staff is not trained to be rude and they are trained to solve problems if it is to their ability. I apologize for any troubles that you might have had with them.
Swamp of Sadness
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Although I had a reservation and conformation AND I made it clear when I booked the room that I would be checking - in very late, the staff gave away my room to another customer apparently thinking I would be a no-show. The staff was unable to find me any alternate accommodations except a Super 8 room with broken AC. Fortunately, I made my reservation through Expedia, and they put me up in the Four Points Sheridan at no extra charge. While I was waiting for this mess to get worked out there was some loud shirtless old guy in the lobby drinking vodka from a bottle. If I am ever in the area again, I won't be coming back here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank atreyu-plainswalker
Jacki-Parkwood, General Manager at Parkwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Sir,

I am very sorry for your experience with Expedia. You booked your room through them and we were sold out and never received a reservation from them for your stay. We did not give your room away to another guest. We never had a reservation to begin with. I am sorry to say that this sometimes happens with online reservation companies. It is always best even when booking with an online company that you call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation. About the Super 8 if my staff got a room for you their I am sure that they did not know that the AC unit was not working or they would have continued looking else where for a room for you. This is not a party hotel and if their was a bad acting guest in the lobby I am sure that it was taken care of as quickly as possible. If you ever have a chance to come back to Manhattan I hope that you will give us another chance and call us directly for your reservation confirmation.

Jacki Murrell
General Mgr.
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I originally booked someplace else for inexpensive prices, but switched to the Parkwood Inn after reading the reviews and was very happy I did. The staff couldn't be nicer, the room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the towels copious, and the free hot breakfast (also had cold cereal and fresh fruit) was excellent. In addition they have a large library of recent DVD's that can be rented for $1 each. It is a 20-minute walk to the KSU campus midpoint, and if you have a car, downtown, Aggieville, and the campus are all easily accessible.

Room Tip: All are nice. We were on the side of the parking lot but it was not noisy with the air conditioning...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Judyberk
Thank you for your kind words. We will be sure to share with all the staff.
midwest
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We came to stay for a reunion night, friday night of the week. We experienced a clean room, ample towels and plenty of room. Bonus: they had a free shuttle that was awesome, drove us to and from bar. And breakfast was great.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was quite even by ice machine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We like to think that we take good care of our guests and shuttle service is just part of the experience. Thank you for your kind comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Convenient location, nice amenities, friendly and efficient staff. Rooms are standard but for the price they provide a good value. My bed was a little hard, but that is a personal preference. Good water pressure in the shower and nice towels and linens. Breakfast includes many options, hot and cold, and was good each day. A video library, shuttle service, and workable fitness room are added bonuses. This is a good option and a very reasonably priced hotel in Manhattan. The cleaning staff was a little noisy, yelling up and down the halls on a weekend morning, but overall a I had a good experience during my stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter in my experience.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We do apologize if the housekeeping staff was a little loud. I have spoken with them about your comment. Thank you for letting us know. Also thank you for your kind review.
Cali, Colombia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

this hotel is your typical formula that you see so often in the United States now. They have a breakfast buffet that is all-you-can-eat. A machine makes the coffee, cappuccino with different flavors. the whole breakfast experience was very processed. the room was good with a decent bed. The standard cable channels. They provide shampoo and conditioner and good so in the bathroom. Transportation between the airport and the hotel was good. When I arrived to Manhattan Kansas and stepped out of the small provincial airport, the driver was right there waiting for me. Going back to the airport was a little bit more uncertain because the driver – who apparently lives in the hotel – overslept and I was worried that I was going to be late. But in the end no problem.

Room Tip: my room was at the very end of the building, which is probably good because it is far from the lobby...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Glenn H
Thank you for review and comments. We are very glad that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. If you ever return to Manhattan we hope that you will choose our hotel again.