“business trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel, nice staff, with great amenities. The beds were very comfortable and the room temperature was even. The hot tub was wonderful after a long day and a nice glass of wine from the bar finished the day perfectly. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise! So many choices for cold plate and custom made hot plates, wow! The price was minimal for a wonderful smorgasbord of food. The lunch menu was expansive and unique, served very quickly with a smile. The evening meal served at our event was well catered, tasty and well plated. No complaints about the food at all. The meeting rooms were spacious enough to accommodate our large group and the chairs were comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2014

Good Morning and Happy Holidays..!

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn. I am delighted that you had a pleasant experience and that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff truly strives to make sure each guest has an outstanding stay whether they are here on business or simply leisure.

Please feel free to contact me the next time you are staying with us as I would delighted for you to stay with us once again.

Happy Holidays..!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The rooms here are beautiful, comfortable and clean. I had a room on ground floor level and did not hear traffic outside. Meals were good and service prompt. I very much enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was located close to several national branded restaurants and a nice local historic downtown area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn - Manhattan and to say how pleased I am that we met your expectations during your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel nestled here in The Little Apple and are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel went above and beyond during my stay. The employees there were always kind and helpful. They have a wonderful bar area that has some of the best bartenders I have ever known. The overall appearance is beautiful. They strive to be the best and they succeed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Good Afternoon Paul,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. We enjoy hearing feedback from each of our guests as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Manhattan Hilton Garden Inn. Overall the staff was pleasant and accommodating. Our room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary internet access was also a definite plus. The meeting rooms and conference facilities were more-than-adequate. I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Good Morning,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan and say how pleased I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly take pride in our hotel nestled here in the Flint Hills and always look forward to seeing our returning guests.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stay here several times a month and they take such great care of me. The staff is so pleasant, friendly and accommodating. I always feel welcomed and valued. It has easy parking and it is easy to unload. I also love their egg white omelets. I have been dieting so it makes it easy for me to eat while traveling. I found out this last trip that they also carry turkey bacon!! I left a necklace in the room a few visits ago and they had it waiting for me at the front desk. They offered to send it to me, but I was still in town. I will many times sit in the lobby to catch up on my work before I head out. I love sitting in front of the fire place. I took my family with me on a business trip on NY's Eve. They loved it so much, they never left the hotel.

Good Morning,

Have a wonderful holiday season..!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This pretty new Hilton Garden Inn appears to be everything a Hilton attempts to be, yet underneath its hip exterior is a cheaply built and cheaply furnished property. Breakfast is expensive for what you get (cold eggs, cold undercooked bacon, cold sausage, cold drinks out of stock), and already the chairs in the dining area are rickety and loose. The room floors and walls are thin, so you hear the thumpity thump of people walking and you hear certainly here the TV and people talking next door. It's sad they throw these things up so quickly and so cheaply and clad them to look fancy and expensive, then charge you the Hilton rate. For the money, I'll stay at another mid-level across the street or down the road and save some dough and get a better bargain.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin P
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Good Morning,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

We will be reaching out to you to see if there is anything we can do to meet your satisfaction needs and do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

In my opinion, Hilton Garden Inn is the most consistent brand in the Hilton portfolio. You always know that you will a nice room, welcoming lobby area, and clean breakfast area, etc. That said, this one stands out as one of the very best.

Pros
The hotel is relatively new, so everything is very nice and in good working order. Our suite was very clean, nice and the helpful people working the breakfast were fast and polite. Spencer, the bartender the night we were there was outstanding. He clearly is enthusiastic about his work and a great ambassador for this location and Hilton in general. You are lucky to have him.

Cons
I'd like to see the lamps at bedside with an electrical outlet or some properties have a 4 outlet unit that sets on the night stand. Reaching behind the night stand to plug something in is a hassle.

Overall
As I said above, all HGI's are nice. It's the people that can affect the experience of staying at them. And at this location, they really stand out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family