“Beyond the Lobby” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Havre de Grace, United States
“Beyond the Lobby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The lobby is beautiful, and you expect the room to be also, but the room was pretty plain. I've seen this at other Hilton Garden Inns - strange colors, basic decoration, basic furniture. Everything was clean but the room looked very plain. I would stay here again if I needed a room in Manhattan, but don't expect anything special with the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank R.D. B
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

I hope this message finds you well on the eve of this Holiday weekend. Thank you for taking a moment to leave feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. I am sorry to hear how you found our decor basic in nature. We simply try to keep things simple ... clutter free and you may find that our decor ties in with other Hilton Garden Inn's and with added touches to tie into the Flint Hills area.

I do hope that your stay with us met your expectations and hope you will consider staying with us once again.

Have an outstanding summer and please feel free to contact me if I may be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
GARDEN CITY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed here for meetings and the facilities are simply great, the people are extremely friendly and helpful and they understand the business traveler. The food in the restaurant was very good, clear down to the simplest soup and a great hamburger!! Although I'm normally here on business, I'd stay here anytime I am in Manhattan! If at all possible, be sure to visit the Flint Hills Center across the street! The park with the fountains and fireplace is also a nice outdoor place to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn - Manhattan and to say how pleased I am that we met your expectations during your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel nestled here in The Little Apple and are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Nice hotel, clean, close to MAnhattan downtown and mall
close to the museum and has a nice yard in front of it with fire place to enjoy with your family
small rooms .. no complimentary breakfast but they have fruits, juice, coffee and some snacks all the day

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Laurel, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was in town for the first time in a long time and stayed at the Hilton. I needed a good workout and I was surprised to find a nice fitness area. Forgot my ear buds and they helped me out, then went to the pool and hot tub (warning - no place to shower after my workout). Room and bathrooms were nice too. My 2nd floor room looked out to the roof and all the stuff on the roof. I was disappointed my room did not have a clock radio to listen to music or check the time in the middle of the night. Bed was soft and comfortable. The pillows were worthless, they give you 6 of them but they all seemed very flat, so bring your own. They have a nice coffee maker but only give you coffee for one cup! I asked the lady working the front desk and she gave me an extra one. Breakfast had a great layout of food and could have ordered an omelette. I took the scrambled eggs, but they were cold. Nice eating area too.

Room Tip: Get one on the front side so you have a view of something.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. We truly strive to provide a level of service that is memorable but unfortunately we fell short. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Please reach out to me so I can further discuss the inconveniences during your stay as your satisfaction is truly important to us.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we certainly hope you will consider staying with us again.

Stillwater, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are quiet, and the amenities are quality. I had only two complaints, one major and one minor. The minor annoyance was that housekeeping didn't replace the coffee in the room, so that after the first day only decaf and tea were available. Not a big issue - I was there for a conference and had all the coffee I needed when I wasn't in the room. The beds, however, are not good. They are "adjustable" for firmness, but in practice this seems to mean that they can be either too hard or too soft, never actually comfortable. (I heard this complaint from all others in my group, as well as many other conference attendees.)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Good Morning Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn. We truly do strive to provide the level of service that is memorable for each of our guests whether they are here on business or enjoying time spent with family and friends.

I am pleased to hear that everything went well with the exception of our Garden Sleep System beds and that they were not able to provide you with the comfort and support you needed for a decent nights sleep. I truly understand as these beds are perhaps not for everyone.

I do see where the Front Desk Associate had gone ahead and reduced your room rate to half of what the room was reserved for per your request.

Again, my apologies that you were unable to get a decent nights sleep and thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you will consider staying with us once again the next time you are visiting the Little Apple.

Have a wonderful summer!
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Manhattan KS Hilton Garden Inn last week for a conference. It is a wonderful facility and accommodated our conference needs very well. It was nice to stay in the same facility as the conference. It is close enough to campus to walk and the area felt very safe. I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning,

Thank you so very much for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. I am pleased that we met your expectations and you found that the room you stayed in met your expectations. We are lucky to have the location we have being so close to various restaurants and shops within the area as it makes it essentially easy for our guests to walk and enjoy what the Little Apple has to offer.

Have a wonderful summer!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was really nice and in a great location! However, when we arrived at 2 a.m., the clerk was not friendly at all. We checked in and she promptly gave us our room key without telling us what room number we were in or where the elevators were. She was too busy helping the ladies in front of us who had already checked in and were trying to buy water from the mini store.

Overall a good stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback on the Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve at the time of arrival to make sure you felt welcome and to answer whatever questions you had. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay no matter who they are or how long their stay with us is.

I do hope everything else went well with your stay and that you will consider staying with us once again where I would be delighted for you to have breakfast on us.

Thank you again for your feedback and have and outstanding summer!