“Best place to stay in Manhattan, KS”

Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Been here few times this year, they never fail to amaze me with warm welcome, good hospitality, great service, and good food and room. The place is next to the Manhattan Conference Centre that makes you easy to reach whenever you have things to do there. When you visit this city, certainly you better stay at this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2014

Good Morning and Happy Holidays..!

I hope this message finds you well on the eve of this holiday weekend. I wanted to reach out to you to thank you for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan thru TripAdvisor, and to mention how pleased I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Each one of our staff members take pride in our property and strives to assure that each of our guests have an exceptional stay.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance and we look forward to having you return for future stays.

Have a wonderful weekend..!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Summary: A nice place to stay, and it is probably the best place to stay in Manhattan.

Review: There aren't a lot of choices in Manhattan. The area where the Hilton Garden is located is populated by other hotels (one there, one coming). It is new, clean, easily accessible and the interior decorating was tastefully done.

Plusses: Clean, attractive, better than the competition. Parking is convenient (if you know to go around back and park). Front desk employees are great and very helpful. The delightful Discovery Center is across the street, and a Radina's Coffee shop is as well (my favorite). The free WIFI works well and is no gimmicky, a real plus.

Minuses: With the exception of the front desk, the employees are not pleasant, on the whole, and some are a bit creepy (like our housekeeping staff). The adjustable bed feature on our bed was broken. The air conditioning is that typical type where it comes on very strong and blasts you with cold air and then shuts off and then sounds off when it comes back on. To keep the prodigious air flow from blasting our heads through the night (the weather was hot and humid when we stayed there), we rolled the desk chair in front of the single vent it and draped a towel over the chair so that the air was directed away from the bed. Cost for the room was on the high side, but not exceedingly so. Rooms are on the smallish side.

Conclusion: This is a safe bet. When I am in town next, I will almost surely stay there again.

If I were the manager, I'd do two things: train the entire staff as well as the front desk staff is trained in terms of customer care. Even a smile or kind (and genuine) "hello" from maintenance and housekeeping staff would be re-assuring. I'd also try to adjust all the HVAC units so that the rooms were more evenly heated and cooled (to avoid the hard "on" and "off" cycle with blasting cold, air then off) such that the air was handled more evenly. I'd also encourage more guests to meet and use the lobby area. Its done nicely and could be fun to congregate there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning and Happy Holidays..!

having you return for future stays.

Have a wonderful weekend..!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Manhattan, KS during the weekend of July 11, 2014. We had a fabulous stay! Excellent service provided, the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. By far the best hotel in Manhattan, KS. We have stayed at several hotels in the Little Apple and nothing compares.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn - Manhattan and to say how pleased I am that we met your expectations during your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel nestled here in The Little Apple and are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Have an outstanding summer!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

There was trash in the bathroom can and it appeared that someone had used or at least got ready in the bathroom. The bed seemed like someone had slept in it then it was remade. Some furniture was rearranged and not at all how you would expect after being cleaned. The comfort set type bed was terrible to sleep on and a waste of money by the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I took a weekend get away to Manhattan, KS this weekend and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We had a lovely stay. It was clean and contemporary. We had a king size bed in the room and it came with several amenities we appreciated:
- Free Wifi
- Microwave
- Mini-fridge
- Mini Keurig (with coffee and tea pods!)

I liked the place and found it a little better than I expected. The location is great - right near the downtown business area, with the Flint Hills Discovery Center right across the street. We could walk to a local popular breakfast place called "The Chef" and several other restaurants.

We had the breakfast one of our two mornings there. I thought it was very good- nothing superior or inferior. There's cut up fruit, cereals, pastries, toast and bagels all for serving yourself. You can get pancakes, eggs cooked to order, omelets, and waffles. The waffles are cute with a Hilton Garden Inn logo in the middle. I had an omelet and it was very good. I thought the coffee was unusually good. Nice that they provide a selection of creamers in different flavors.

So, I'd recommend it and I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brad E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for leaving feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan thru TripAdvisor and to mention how pleased I am that you ejoyed your stay with us during your weekend get-a-way. We take pride in our hotel nestled here in The Little Apple and strive to assure that each of our guests have an exceptional stay.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and make us a part of a memorable get-a-way. Have an outstanding summer and I do hope you will consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of further assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great service. Very clean. Helpful staff. Easy to check in and out. Liked that we could check out at noon. I would definitely stay here again. The maid service was excellent. The food was excellent. Wonderful breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Good Morning Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. I am pleased to hear that we met your expecations not only with your stay but also with the food options within our restaurant. We do try to maintain various options for our guests understanding that some have dietary restrictions and sometimes can be difficult when traveling.

Please feel free to contact me if I may be of further assistance and I do hope you will consider staying with us once again.

Thank you again for the feedback and have an outstanding summer!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very clean hotel, however the beds are hard as rocks even though they are supposed to be adjustable, they are not. Overpriced for the small room. We mis-packed for our trip and forgot the pack and play and called the desk to get a crib possibly they said if one was available it would be right up if not they would call back, never heard from anyone again.

Good Morning,

Thank you so very much for your feedback on The Hilton Garden Inn-Manhattan. I am pleased that we met your expectations and you found that the room you stayed in met your expectations. We are lucky to have the location we have being so close to various restaurants and shops within the area as it makes it essentially easy for our guests to walk and enjoy what the Little Apple has to offer.

Please feel free to contact me when you are in the area again. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

Happy Holidays..!