“Don't stay here if it's wet or snowy outside”
Review of Motel 6 Manhattan

Motel 6 Manhattan
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
“Don't stay here if it's wet or snowy outside”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We needed to pull over due to icy road conditions and figured we'd save some money by staying at M6. The price ended up being $20 more than advertised due to city fees and taxes. The snow was shoveled in the parking lot, however, it was shoveled against the room entrances. This left us trouncing through 3 feet of snow only to track the snow into a carpetless room. Yes, no carpets. So after cleaning up the puddles with our (thin) room towels we finally got some sleep. Otherwise, the room was alright. Grocery store and walmart nearby. Thats about it.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank ivory567

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
oklahoma
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I stayed one night and were up until 4:00 am when police came to settle a situation. We were in room 116 right next to stairs. Adults were yelling and running up and down the stairs all night. It was game weekend and we expected some party people but these characters were not part of the weekend football fans.
I asked the people next to us if they slept and they stomped off and said NO.
TV was from the 70's, towels were not clean & bed size looked like it was for children.
Lobby smelled of smoke, I asked if we were getting a smoke free room and they said the entire facility is smoke free hmmmm.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sam B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Manhattan, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Sam B,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness, odor and safety conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Manhattan hotels

Katy, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This motel is the place I was staying in the past two nights. It cost $112 for the two nights, including my wife (extra charge) and the internet (also an extra charge). It has an outdoor pool, that also looks clean and reasonably well kept.

You get paper thin towels, which are very scratchy.The room has a television that works, but is extremely old, without input jacks other than the red, white, yellow inputs, which we could not use, as we wanted to connect it to our laptop.

The bathroom comes with a bar of soap. That is it - a bar of soap. Our room had no radio or clock. The motel provides an ice machine, but it is in the office area, where you need to get something for containing the ice (no ice bucket or cups in the room). They have coffee in the entrance, where you register, but only in the morning. There is nothing else - just coffee and only in the morning.

One reason I am reviewing this motel, is that I am 61 years old, the motel is less than 1/4 occupied and they put my wife and me on the second floor. I don't mind the exercise in carrying all of our bags up and down the stairs, but just think it was rather stupid for them to do that to us. A second reason I am writing this is for the fact that it's sign said WiFi, but failed to tell me before checking in that it would cost me an additional $6.48.

As a recommendation, I would suggest other accommodations. However, if choices are really limited, it is clean and the rooms are not really cramped. I just wrote this to let you know what you should expect for $56 per night (includes taxes).

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room, unless you like the exercise. Ask for a room on the side away from the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Keven_Fry
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Manhattan, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Keven_Fry,
We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future. 1-800-577-3435
Menomonie, WI
Reviewed 8 October 2013

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE! The manager was the rudest manager I have ever seen at any motel in all my travels. It was the complete opposite of my last Motel 6 stay. She yelled at me, denied there was anything wrong, and refused to allow me to change rooms had I stayed. She snapped at me that there are 22 other motels in Manhattan--go stay there--and I was completely polite with her. There were flies in the room at night and a few hairs on the bed and she denied it. I told her I was thinking about staying another night and merely asked if I did stay if she could change my rooms. That is when she got very rude with me. She acted like I was trying to get a free night when I just wanted a room change. You would think during the slow season and as she said 22 other hotels in the area, they would want to keep their guests happy and not be rude with a paid guest. Thankfully, I had only paid for one night and took her up on her suggestion.

I will NEVER stay there EVER again and I would recommend that you avoid it as well.

Room Tip: No tips--except to avoid this place!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank starshine90
Dear starshine90,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.
Soke-on-Trent
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My first stay here, very impressed with it. Very efficient lady on the check-in, all done in 5 minutes. She said she would call my room for a room-check and she did. Room was perfectly prepared, spotless. Massive corner-shaped walk-in shower unit, very nice to use. There are loads of stores next to this motel, a Denny's 5 minutes walk away, too many other diners to mention. There is a massive Dillions store and gas station around the back, very handy for all your shopping. Would stay here again, gets my vote. Wi-Fi was ok, not fast, but a stable connection, ideal for emailing, checking things out. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Used room 126, very nice room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank john461212
Nebraska
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Check in was OK. I think I confused them a bit by changing my reservation the day before but, all was still sorted out OK. As with other Motel 6's the price is right with no frills. Everything, including a pretty nice AC, worked just fine, TV was small but, so was the room. The room was quite clean and it looks like their upkeep is really very good, they recently updated the rooms, or both. Either way, we found the room to be in very good shape. Very good location with 2 minute, easy access to lots of shopping and restaurants. My only complaint is the bed . . .ugh, it felt like a box spring. I generally don't moan about beds as long as they're clean and smell fresh but, this one earns mention. Having outside doors to rooms and outdoor pool are real plusses. With only a slight improvement in the bed I would have scored it easily 4 stars - maybe even 5 stars for overall value.

Room Tip: The whole area is fairly safe and secure.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rodeguys
Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Front desk guy - wonderful, energetic, helpful!
Room - smelly, complete with an ashtray with a no-smoking sticker on it. Seriously!
One set of towels - had to go back to front desk and ask for more. One or two seamy guys hanging outside their rooms while we were unloading - lock your vehicles and then check to be sure you did!
We statyed here after passing on the America's Best Value Inn up the road. Next time we'll not try and save a few dollars - we definitely got what we paid for.

Room Tip: Best way to get a good room is to stay at another motel!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family